VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I'm new here. I've been working on a project to add menus to the latest Star Wars Despecialized Edition in my spare time. I have built the project in Encore CS6 and I'm completely done with it now. I had an issue when I demuxed the .MKV file and added in the DTS-HD-MA files to Encore. For some reason they came in significantly longer than the duration of the film. So I was advised to build with the standard .AC3 files, and then patch in the DTS files afterward in multiAVCHD. I have been assured that I should be able to just patch in the files and reexport the BDMV folder structure without any other changes. For some reason, I can't figure out a way to turn off multiAVCHD's menu generation feature. It destroys my menu structure upon output. Can anyone enlighten me on how to avoid this? I'm also curious if there is a way to replace video tracks? I would like to potentially use a different video track that may have better encoding than the one I'm currently using in my Encore project. Encore, however, doesn't like it. I know it's good because I can mux the .MKV file straight to blu-ray with no issues. Thanks for any help with this! If I get this project completed successfully I'll be releasing the .iso so anyone can have a SW BD with menus. They are not fancy like some of the projects in the works out there but they are effective. I have successfully burned a disc with full menus that does not have the HD audio so if all else fails I can let that one into the wild.

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use tsmuxer to just remux to a m2ts.

But I have no idea if you just can replace a m2ts and the original menus will still work.

3. I will look into it but I don't think that will get me what I want. I need more specific direction about using multiAVCHD. Thanks for the reply!

Search Comp PM
    You can see if there is an option to import existing menus.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........

5. If i'm already importing the entire BDMV folder, that would imply that the existing menus are part of the equation... My goal is, hopefully to add the BDMV folder, using the button on the GUI, replace the .AC3 tracks with .DTS files, and then reesave the BDMV folder using the Blu-Ray for BD-R/RE button in the output options. All of this has been straightforward, with the exception of telling multiAVCHD NOT to create a menu structure. If there is another way for me to open the BDMV structure and replace the .AC3's with the .DTS's, I'm interested to know if anyone has experience in this area.

6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vfxhooker View Post
    If I get this project completed successfully I'll be releasing the .iso so anyone can have a SW BD with menus.
    Discussing distribution of copyrighted video is a violation of our rules.This thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.