VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    ...to change True HD to FLAC...
    I understand he needs audio for burning bluray-video disc, so it needs to be bluray compliant. FLAC isn't.

anhlinhp4, your media-info shows your sourcefile to be 13GB. I think it leaves more than enough space on a single-layer BD disc for 5.1 pcm.
    TBH I don't understand why you still haven't tried this, if audioquality seems so important to you. Eac3to can uncompress your DTS-HD source audio to pcm and then stretch it. Choosing the right outputformat (w64 or pcm-tsm) the result can be directly imported into tsMuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. sneaker, I agree with you. And as I said in my summary above, I've used AC3 file already (demuxed from my dts-HD file) for muxing it with tsMuxer. It's ok to use AC3 file.
    Ennio, that's right to say bluray disc 25Gb has enough space for my file with PCM 5.1
    knowledge that PCM is lossless from dts-HD (uncompress) and it's ok to use PCM 5.1 for my case, too (audio quality unchanged).
    I can use PCM 5.1 to mux back with tsMuxer. That's no problem.
    But here I like to get back dts-HD , and for conclusion, there is no way to get back dts-HD, right?

P/S: By the way, when using Eac3to, choose output "pcm-tsm" as you guided, I get error notice: "Don't found Pcm2Tsmu.exe".
    What dose it mean?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I think you don't have "Pcm2Tsmu.exe". You can download it here: https://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=12552&d=1323596176

Unzip and put the file in eac3tofolder. You can also use w64 as output for tsMuxer.

Originally Posted by anhlinhp4 View Post
    ...for conclusion, there is no way to get back dts-HD, right?
    Right.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you so much!
    Cheer
    Quote Quote  
  5. HEY there every one....
    I tried to follow the steps in that steps provided in the forum and finally successfully converted a mkv TrueHD+Atmos to M2TS ...that is playable on my sony bluray(SONY BDVN9200W)...
    But there is a problem.....The source file i had was a 24bit....but after going through all the steps as Ennio instructed ,i was able to mux it in tsmuxer and the output now has a 16bit TrueHD and when i played it on my bluray, its not showing the bitdepth ...as it used to show it earlier, whether its 24 or 16Bit along with the audio codec that's playing on the bluray, if i press the mediainfo button om my remote.....and the file(TrueHD+ac3) i got out of Useac3to was 7GB+...but when i went through Mediainfo 17.10 after succefully muxing and creating a M2TS video files in Tsmuxer....its showing that the the TrueHD+ac3 is just 600mb in Mediainfo 17.10 !!!!
    So is there any solution for it ....so that i would get the output as 24Bit in tsmuser or, have i gone wrong anywhere during the process..?
    And i also noticed that ...the sample video file which Ennio (Atmos_trailer) has uploaded had the same media-info as i got ...if im not wrong...
    Here is the mediainfo of wht i muxed....Image
    [Attachment 43731 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by vishal.vj; 14th Nov 2017 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  6. pls some one reply me....im breaking my head from a couple of days..please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your image link doesn't work.

Anyways, is it possible that eac3to stated the 24-bit audio as zero-padded 16 bit audio during examination?
    Check your eac3to log. If so, than the output will be 16 bit, with a significant reduced size.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Have been slowly working my way through this thread and just when I thought I had it, TSMuxer keeps coming up with error msg of 'Cant create temporary meta file'

I have searched and searched, I cant figure out how to fix this problem, really hope it is something simple that I am completely overlooking

Thanks for all the tips along the way.....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hey there Ennio
    No there's no such thing shown to me on the eac3to .
    I hav uploded some of the screens,in that the one with the name muxed is the final video i muxed with tsmuxer,and other file has the original information of the video file.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	eac3 1.png
Views:	473
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	44128  

Click image for larger version

Name:	eac3 2.png
Views:	448
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	44129  

Click image for larger version

Name:	muxed.png
Views:	398
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	44131  

Last edited by vishal.vj; 24th Dec 2017 at 22:21.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Haven't read all the replies but have you tried Popcorn MKV AudioConverter it has a tab to change True HD to FLAC and with an option to limit it to 5.1
    This worked perfectly.

Download the Popcorn MKV convertor, open it up and then you'll have to wait a while for the audio toolsets to finish downloading.

The convert is dead easy to use, just select an MKV file containing Dolby Atmos / TrueHD and under the settings tab in the top right select the TrueHD tab and tick the box to convert to Dolby Digital, hit run and wait for the output. A 10Gb MKV took about 20 minutes to convert the audio on my ancient PC.

Once converted the new MKV file plays perfectly on my LG OLED TV via DNLA, I use Serviio but i'd be fairly certain it'll work with most streamers.

Previously my TV refused to play Atmos/TrueHD audio within MKV files, it just displayed the error message "this video does not support audio".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ vishal.vj

Did you try latest eac3to version 3.34? Maybe that'll help? I wouldn't know what else to help you out...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    @ennio

just registered on the site to thank you, after found your solution at #4, spent the past 2 hours starting from scratch, had zero prior experience with remux/demux, just successfully created my first mkv atmos to m2ts atmos conversion, my receiver displays the audio signal correctly as such. I'm equally as thrilled as I'm tired, but a big thank you is a must!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the kind words, kaputpumpkin. And of course, welcome to the forums.
    Nice to hear that things worked out for you. Yes, effort pays off!

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  14. @ ennio

I will try out the new version and let u know it in a couple of days...
    and thanks for the support ur doing here...... a lot of thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. @ ennio

And i absorbed one thing in common, the mediainfo after demuxing the original source(24bit 48KHz) in UsEac3To and muxing the thd+ac3 in tsmuxer.....it still says (mediainfo) 24bit as 16bit !!!!

ORIGINAL :

General

Complete name : E:\MOVIES\demo\thedigitaltheater\Dolby_Countdown_v 2_Lossless-thedigitaltheater.mp4.mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 36.7 MiB
    Duration : 20 s 979 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 14.7 Mb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2015-08-29 19:04:46
    Writing application : MakeMKV v1.9.5 win(x64-release)
    Writing library : libmakemkv v1.9.5 (1.3.0/1.4.1) win(x64-release)

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Writing library : x264 core 146 r2538 121396c
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=15.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Language : English
    Default : No
    Forced : No

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : TrueHD
    Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 4 206 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Title : Surround 5.1
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

FINAL MUXED (AFTER USING THE LATEST eac3to)

General
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : F:\ViD30'Z\nor & HD\Dolby_Countdown_v2_Lossless-thedigitaltheater.mp4_track1_eng.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 43.3 MiB
    Duration : 21 s 16 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 17.3 Mb/s
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mb/s

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 15.9 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.321
    Stream size : 39.9 MiB (92%)

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : TrueHD / AC-3
    Muxing mode : Stream extension
    Codec ID : 131
    Duration : 20 s 992 ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
    Bit rate : 640 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 4 206 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 1.60 MiB (4%)
    Service kind : Complete Main

@ ennio

And i saw the same results in the mediainfo of ur previous video , which u have uploded in the forum #23

mediainfo of the final muxing

[Attachment 44335 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by vishal.vj; 6th Jan 2018 at 12:19.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    @ ennio

for the past day I've been practicing the remuxing method you preached, after encountering a particular problem, I tried my best to scourge the net for relevant info and solutions to no veil, so I hope you could shed some lights or point me to the right direction.

your method no.4 works, I'm able to convert mkv (avc format) with atmos soundtrack to m2ts with atmos.

problem: what I cannot do with your method, is to convert mkv (hevc format containing hdr metadata) with atmos to m2ts with atmos "successfully".

the really peculiar thing with the problem is, it's not even supposed to work, at all, to my limited understanding of the different formats that m2ts and hevc containing hdr metadata shouldn't even exist in the same realm of reality, but for whatever reason, my remuxed resulted m2ts file would display correctly on my LG oled tv as "HDR" video source through my blu ray player (along with embedded atmos sound track recognized and displayed by my receiver), it blows my mind! but the caveat is "successfully", as the resulted m2ts HDR file always have audio issues: either the audio and video are not in sync (video looks noticeably and unnaturally faster), or audio starts skipping at some point into the video (in this case, audio and video are in sync) and eventually completely breaks down the video and becomes completely silent.

so far all I have to work with is the method you suggested in no.4.

I have a slight feeling that I've encountered the muxing barrier with current video and audio formats, but any insights or suggestions would be much appreciated.

teaching (learning) an old dog (me) new tricks is really fun. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ vishal.vj

I think I can't help you any further, other than that MediaInfo would probably state the bitdepth of the embedded AC-3 track, which your sourcefile (atmos only) of course does not have.
    I do try to carefully say that things are all right because of the MediaInfo data of the original .m2ts file, which comes from the original Atmos demo disc.

Latest MediaInfo says on the original m2ts file also "Bit depth: 16 bits". So I wouldn't worry...??

@ kaputpumpkin

Note that I have zero experience with authoring/muxing HEVC to UHD-bluray or even m2ts for that matter. Maybe other people can tell you more. Or, hence the initial title of this thread, better open up a new one for this or search the forums on remuxing / authoring for UHD blu-ray. I couldn't even tell you what container is used for UHD bluray or that m2ts container is compatible with HEVC (with or without HDR or Dolby Vision), with (or even, without) Atmos.

Originally Posted by kaputpumpkin View Post
    I have a slight feeling that I've encountered the muxing barrier with current video and audio formats...
    Maybe it's your player's capabilities? Did you try playing the mkv from a (fast enough) USB drive directly connected to your tv (and via ARC link Atmos to your AVR, if possible)?
    I'm sorry I can't help you further with this issue...

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    @ ennio

it's a looooooooooooong story. it wasn't until after I upgraded my receiver and speakers to atmos, I found out my gorgeous tv can't passthrough atmos over ARC. to circumvent the problem, I added a uhd blu ray player and moved away from streaming digitally from my tv, except for the digital movies I already purchased, I just can't justify paying for them again in physical blu rays (I know, I know...). So I downloaded these movies in mkv, just so I can finally experience what they are like with atmos. Turns out my blu ray player won't play mkvs containing atmos (go ahead, you can laugh, it's really more hilarious at this point than frustrating) except in m2ts container.

The dog in me refuses to accept the fact that I can't take full advantage of the things I've spent so much money on, that was the initiative took me to this post. it's been a fun experience teaching myself new things, since I've never dealt with ripping/burning/muxing before, and I'm not a program by trade, but your suggestions no.4 was almost the perform beginning lesson for someone like me to dive into.

I've since then moved on to learning encoding with ffmpeg (the amount of command lines seem really scary to me at first sight, but once again, the dog in me refuses to give in), and I've come very close to converting 10bit hevc/x265 formats, until the point I learned ffmpeg doesn't support atmos audio format, and that's the brick wall facing me. to my limited knowledge, it seems all the separate tools/programs are there: ffmpeg can encode 10bit x265 video, but not atmos audio; tsmuxer and eac3to can encode atmos audio, but not x265 video. I'm hopeful some talented programmers will figure it out and put the pieces together.

for now, I'm content with the fact that I've learned so many new things, either skills wise or hardware wise on the limitation of my home theater system. I've done everything I can, and I'm okay with it (except not to get too excited about buying new video/audio equipment in the future without understanding anything and everything that are involved, sigh...).

that's the end of my distraction from the OP.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Neither eac3to nor ffmpeg can decode or encode Atmos.
    Both can:
    - decode the AC3 or TrueHD part of the track (ignoring the Atmos extension)
    - (de)mux AC3 and TrueHD including Atmos extension

There is no free software to encode or decode Atmos. Even bitstreaming to an AVR is problematic with free software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, no way you can create your own Atmos track, with freeware that is.

I understand you are into HEVC encoding now. Having bought a UHD-BD player, I guess you're into 4K also. If you want to remux UHD to BD maybe you want to take a look here: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120

Besides my blu-ray players I also have a couple of stand-alone mediaplayers right next to them. If I go for a UHD-BD player in time, I'd also want a UHD mediaplayer next to it. It's just different types of approaching playback, and mkv-capability is a must nowadays IMO. Also, it's nice to have both for camparison reasons.
    What's holding me now is that, besides I'll have to buy 4K AV/equipment with required specs (think of HDCP, HDMI versions and all), I also understand I have to build a complete new pc-rig for UHD-BD playback and -ripping. I have a lot of reading to do about that. Also about re-encoding UHD-BD's (with ot without HDR) and last but not least, the editing and remuxing of 4K subtitles. I do a lot of them.

I would not give up on my current mediaplayers (3D/FullHD) now, until I'm certain what to do with UHD/4K. I love playback over LAN via NFS protocol. Never had a hickup.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I've been tearing my hair out for weeks trying to solve this issue but the above cooments look like a nail in the coffin.

From what I'm reading am I correct in saying if the demuxed audio track from MKV is TrueHD + Atmos and I try and use eac3to to add the ace3core back in to be able to remux to M2TS then I'm going to run into issues?

I've managed to demux with MKVExtract, convert tdh to thd + ac3 with eac3to then remux with TSMuxer to M2TS without any errors but the resulting M2TS file plays with a significant and every increasing audio / video delay.

I'm in the same boat as kaputpumpkin and want to use my UHD Bluray Players USB playback function but the LG UP70 will only allow TrueHD / Atmos playback from an M2TS and not MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    your symptoms sure look familiar...

If the original video codec from MKV is x264/AVC, then tsmuxer works fine, it can remux that video track and atmos ac3 audio together.

If the original video codec from MKV is x265/HEVC, well, that's beyond tsmuxer's capabilities, it can "wing" it, but the result is what you got, chopped up video/audio sync, basically unplayable.

I don't know anything more than that, that's where I stopped my investigation.

Originally Posted by chrisloudon View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been tearing my hair out for weeks trying to solve this issue but the above cooments look like a nail in the coffin.

From what I'm reading am I correct in saying if the demuxed audio track from MKV is TrueHD + Atmos and I try and use eac3to to add the ace3core back in to be able to remux to M2TS then I'm going to run into issues?

I've managed to demux with MKVExtract, convert tdh to thd + ac3 with eac3to then remux with TSMuxer to M2TS without any errors but the resulting M2TS file plays with a significant and every increasing audio / video delay.

I'm in the same boat as kaputpumpkin and want to use my UHD Bluray Players USB playback function but the LG UP70 will only allow TrueHD / Atmos playback from an M2TS and not MKV.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi kaputpumpkin,

Thanks for the update.

I've just tried this with an HEVC Main 10 + DTS-HD and the result is the same....

Bugger!

I didn't think it was a video stream issue.

Please keep posting to this thread if there are any updates. I'll do the same.

Cheers

Chris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chris, did you go here?
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    If you want to remux UHD to BD maybe you want to take a look here: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=175120
    There are issues using tsMuxer to remux HEVC into m2ts/author UHDBD.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help is the operative word...

As a Mac person who's struggling with the intricacies of the PC world, and as someone who wants to import the TrueHD track successfully into TsmuxeR, UsEac3to seems the perfect answer. But...

Following the instructions here clearly isn't enough. I've used mkvmerge GUI to extract the thd track from the .mkv file created in MakeMKV and produced another .mkv file with the thd track inside, loaded up UsEac3to GUI, scoured the forums to find out I need ffmpeg to actually make the process work, hijacked this PC, installed the ffmpeg bin file where it had to go, found out that I needed ffmpeg.exe to go into the eac3to folder, did that, used that .exe file as the 'path to settings', used the ffmpeg folder with the bin file etc for the 'encoders' made the desktop the output, loaded up the produced .mkv file with the TrueHD track inside it onto the UsEac3to GUI interface, got the command screen flashing up for a split second before disappearing again, then this message:
    "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\ffmpeg.exe" "C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\The Movie_t00.mkv" -progressnumbers -log="C:\Users\SP 1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO8DEA5345\UsEac3To.log"
    Processing Info... Please wait or Ctrl+C over CMD window.

..and it sat there, and it sat there, for hours and did nothing.

So. Clearly I've not done something right and I need some proper assistance with this, because I do want this to work. Please help me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ridonkulous View Post
    ...and produced another .mkv file with the thd track inside
    No need to, you can directly import the .thd track as source in eac3to.

Originally Posted by ridonkulous View Post
    ...scoured the forums to find out I need ffmpeg to actually make the process work
    I never was aware that ffmpeg was needed.

Here's my workflow to get eac3to and UsEac3to GUI up and running.

Download https://www.videohelp.com/download/eac3to334.zip and unpack it as your eac3to folder.

You'll find UsEac3to (the GUI) here https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=145574 (choose download GUI only)

Extract file in eac3to folder. Now you can run "UsEac3To.exe" as GUI to eac3to. Follow the steps as posted earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for your help, I'll get onto that later today and see how I go....
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by Baldrick; 13th Feb 2018 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. OK downloaded that, spotted the Useac3to.exe file inside the eac3to file, opened that.
    A window came up automatically still requesting I link software to the programme, when I thought that by opening the .exe file all that stuff would have been instantly recognized by the GUI.
    I closed that window off and tried to input a file, and the same result, didn't open.
    Maybe I do need to manually input this stuff (so I tried copying this into the window where it asks for a file; C:\Users\SP 1\Desktop\eac3to334-UsEac3to128.zip\eac3to334-UsEac3to128\, and a sign came up saying catastrophic failure)..........
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ...OK spoke too soon.
    I stupidly expected the programme to run just by unzipping the file. I had to unzip and the EXTRACt the file onto the desktop, THEN open it up and Voila it all works.
    Currently processing a file now. I selected thd+ac3 output, a command line appeared and I just hit RUN CL. The command screen is up and a file is happening. I'll report back the results.
    Quote Quote