VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi Ennio,
    Yeah, I made it successfully!
    Following your guide above, finally I get a file thd+ac3. Your're a helpful man, Ennio!
    Then I change file thd+ac3 to *.ac3, put the file ac3 into tsMuxer and tsMuxer recognizes it as true HD (ac3 core + tue HD), and then I mux it with a avc file to ISO.
    I burn the iso file to disc and then play it on my Sony BD player, audio shows true HD 7.1. Great!!
    Thank you once again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Eventhough tsMuxer recognizes it as "AC3 core + ..." beware that it isn't an AC3 core really. It is an independent AC3 track.

DTS core within DTS-MA is indeed a core. That core combined with the extra audio-data will result in the DTS-MA track.

Anyways, nice to hear things worked out fine.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello Ennio again,
    I made successfully a file "thd+ac3" from a THD Amos as the talk above.
    Now I have a problem with a new THD file. The steps in UsEac3to like what I did before, but this time the error occurred as below:

I do not understand why?
    Can you have a look at it for me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think there is something wrong with your TrueHD source. Maybe things went wrong during demuxing (I don't know what software you use for demuxing). You can try to import the whole sourcefile (so, with video, audio, subs etc) in eac3toGUI and it will analyse your input. After that, you can choose the truehd track in "input" box (eac3to will show a number for the elementary stream) and choose output as usual "thd+ac3". (You don't have to run Global parameters --> demux). Just normally click "add" button and eac3to will try & demux the TrueHD track and try to output as "thd+ac3".
    This may help, I don't know what would be wrong with your audiotrack. Perhaps others can help out better.

If it doesn't work, maybe you can put MediaInfo data here?

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi Ennio,
    I demuxed it with gMKVExtractGUI. I tried to follow your guide above with eac3toGUI, but the result was the same.
    I think the THD source has something wrong within it. Anyway, thank you very much for your kind.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Ennio & everyone,
    Have you ever met this error when changing an audio file to DTS format in Useac3to?
    Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...
    Surcode DTS Encoder doesn't seem to be installed. <ERROR>
    I always get that error and everything stops right at that error!
    I refer many threads relating this problem, but still find no fix so far. Any help will be highly appreciated. Please!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I never encoded to dts with eac3to. I believe Surcode is not a free dts encoder.
    Can't you use flac?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry, I did not say clearly. I'm changing a dts-hd file from a mkv file, not music audio file.
    My mkv file has video fps 25.000 that cannot be muxed by tsMuxer. I have to change it from fps 25.000 to fps 23.976. And as accordingly, the dts file (extracted from the mkv file) must be changed to 23.976 too.
    So, I put the dts file in Useac3to like the image below:

And the error occurs:

[a02] Extracting audio track number 2...
    [a02] Decoding with libDcaDec DTS Decoder...
    [a02] libDcaDec reported the warning "XLL output not lossless". <WARNING>
    [a02] Changing FPS from 25.000 to 23.976...
    [a02] Reducing depth from 64 to 32 bits...
    [a02] Writing WAVs...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.R.wav"...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.LFE.wav"...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.SR.wav"...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.L.wav"...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.C.wav"...
    [a02] Creating file "L:\USB\audio planet 1.SL.wav"...
    [a02] The original audio track has a constant bit depth of 16 bits.
    [a02] The processed audio track has a constant bit depth of 32 bits.
    Encoding DTS <1536kbps> with Surcode...
    Surcode DTS Encoder doesn't seem to be installed. <ERROR>
    Quote Quote  
  9. Like Ennio said Surcode isn't free and eac3to doesn't come with free dts encoders. Encode to AC3, use PCM or use ffmpeg or ffdcaenc to encode to dts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    ...or use ffmpeg or ffdcaenc to encode to dts.
    sneaker, I understand ffmpeg has a free dts encoder then? I did not know.

@ anhlinhp4:
    When doing a timestretch or -shrink with audio, eac3to will do this in uncompressed pcm. Resampling is than necessary so after, you'll have to encode again back to dts. Maybe sneaker can tell you how to do that with ffmpeg, I have no experience with this.
    Last edited by Ennio; 23rd Aug 2017 at 09:41.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    sneaker, I understand ffmpeg has a free dts encoder then?
    Yes. But I don't know how it compares to the AC3 encoder.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you, sneaker & Ennio,
    Your ideas are very helpful to me. I think I have to give it a try to find out a resolve for this problem...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I just realised

Originally Posted by anhlinhp4 View Post
    My mkv file has video fps 25.000 that cannot be muxed by tsMuxer...
    Why not?
    Quote Quote  
  14. My tsMuxer can mux mkv file with fps 25.000, everything is ok, but the Blu-ray folder (created from tsMuxer) can not be played on my BD player.
    It just shows "Video" and then freezed on bluray player, nothing happens!
    So, I have to mux again, changing fps from 25.000 to 23.976, and ofcourse have to change fps of the audio file to 23.976, too.
    This time, my BD player can play it fine, but the audio becomes "time-stretch", not match with the video!
    That is reason why I'm looking for a way to make the audio matching with the video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try this? Take the 23.976 videostream you created (the one that plays fine in your bd player) and change framerate back again to 25. Mux 25fps result with tsMuxer and see if it plays (maybe something wrong in the source, just a thought here).
    Of course 25p is not within official blu-ray specifications (25 fps interlaced is). I don't know where you live, but in PAL areas there are bd-players that will play 25p nonetheless.
    Instead of 23.976p you can also use 24p, which is also bluray compliant. If you live in NTSC area, it's safer to use 23.976 of course.

If you are determined to use highest possible audio-quality, and there would be enough space on the bd-disc you can use length-corrected pcm in 5.1. Otherwise output in AC3 @640kbps. eac3to can do both. For dts, as sneaker suggested, use ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I live in Asia.
    The strange thing is that when I mux mkv file 25 fps with MKVToollNix GUI, the result plays fine on my BD player (!?)
    I'll try what you & sneaker guided above and will be back after having result.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post MediaInfo data of your source here?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Here it is:
    General
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 4 / Version 2
    File size : 13.0 GiB
    Duration : 58mn 4s
    Overall bit rate mod : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 32.0 Mbps
    Movie name : XXXX.BluRay.REMUX.1080i.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1-HDS.mkv
    Encoded date : UTC 2016-12-03 14:23:34
    Writing application : mkvmerge v9.4.2 ('So High') 64bit
    Writing library : libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames: 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 29.8 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate : 33.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : MBAFF
    Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.576
    Stream size : 12.1 GiB (93%)
    Title : StoneStudio(GalenMao)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile : MA / Core
    Mode : 16
    Format settings, Endianness: Big
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
    Bit rate : 2 112 Kbps / 1 509 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Frame rate : 93.750 fps (512 spf)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
    Stream size : 877 MiB (7%)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Quote Quote  
  19. A good news:
    I tried to demux the dts audiostream from my mkv source 25fps with Useac3to, Output I set "ac3", Frequent parameters I set "changeTo23.976" (NOT chose "23.976"), then hit 'RUN CL".
    I got the AC3 file 23.976, and then with tsMuxer, I muxed again the mkv source:
    - Change videostream: change fps 25.000 => 23.976
    - Remove original audiostream, replace it with the ac3 fps 23.976
    - Subtititle automatically changed from fps 25 => 23.976 by tsMuxer
    The result: I got the video & audio matching together perfectly like original ones! That's great! Video & audio matching is solved.
    But the question is that I want to get dts audio back, not ac3.
    Next step, as sneaker said, try to use ffmpeg to encode ac3 file to dts. But I don't know how to use ffmpeg because I'm not good at command line. Is there any easy GUI front for ffmpeg?
    Please help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As far as I can tell, your source is within bluray specs. Video is 25fps interlaced. What I don't understand is that the 23.976 remux works as it's only 23.976 progressive that's within bluray specs, should your bd player be so critical.
    Did you try what I suggested? Remux your working 23.976 back to 25 and see if it'll play?

As for ffmpeg you'll need to search the forums, I expect there's plenty written about it...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Did you try what I suggested? Remux your working 23.976 back to 25 and see if it'll play?
    I tried it and same as the result: my Bd player did not play it. It's so weird.
    Quote Quote  
  22. As johns0 recommended me before, try to use TFM Audio Tool to encode AC3 file to dts in case I don't have "surcode dts encoder" in my system.
    TFM Audio Tool is free ware, available in Videohelp Forum. it can use both surcode dts encoder and its own dts encoder (internal encoder).
    So, I try to use TFM Audio Tool, input AC3 file (changed fps 25 to 23.976 already), output dts. For my case, I have to choose dts encoder of TFM Audio Tool.
    TFM Audio Tool works fine and then gives me a new dts file (sadly, dts only, not dts-hd):
    - If I set bitrate 755 kbps, the new dts file plays fine on my BD player.
    - If I set bitrate 1509 kbps (same as dts-hd bitrate), the new dts file becomes disorted on my BD player (I don't know why).
    In my circumstance, dts file is acceptable.
    But I'm still looking for a way to convert AC3 back to dts-hd.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by anhlinhp4 View Post
    But I'm still looking for a way to convert AC3 back to dts-hd.
    This will have no profit. When you re-encoded dts-hd to AC3 you went from lossless output to a lossy encoder. Even if you would have a DTS_HD encoder, feeding it AC-3 audio would be useless. You already lost data (quality) when going to AC3 (eventhough you may not hear it).
    It would be something like transcoding mp3 to flac, because "Hey, FLAC is lossless, right?" Of course, but compared to it's source / input.

As I said, should you have enough space on you bluray-disc the best way to keep audioquality is unpack the DTS-MA track to pcm and then do a 25 --> 23.976 stretch. Keep output in uncompressed pcm and mux it directly.

As for your dts problem, why don't you try ffmpeg?
    Last edited by Ennio; 30th Aug 2017 at 03:38.
    Quote Quote  
  24. This will have no profit. When you re-encoded dts-hd to AC3 you went from lossless output to a lossy encoder. Even if you would have a DTS_HD encoder, feeding it AC-3 audio would be useless. You already lost data (quality) when going to AC3 (eventhough you may not hear it).
    It would be something like transcoding mp3 to flac, because "Hey, FLAC is lossless, right?" Of course, but compared to it's source / input.
    it sounds good to me.

As I said, should you have enough space on you bluray-disc the best way to keep audioquality is unpack the DTS-MA track to pcm and then do a 25 --> 23.976 stretch. Keep output in uncompressed pcm and mux it directly.
    I'll give it a try.

As for your dts problem, why don't you try ffmpeg?
    I don't know how to use ffmpeg, although I loaded it already in my system. As I said, command line for ffmpeg is too hard for me to do (I'm not good at it)!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are plenty of GUI's for ffmpeg, if you scroll down here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  26. I tried all of GUI's for ffmpgeg as you guide, but almost of them do not have function of dts encode. What a pity!
    Anyway, many thanks for your kind concern to me.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Summary of my case, for whom it may concern:
    - My mkv file with 25 fps, dts-HD audio: tsMuxer can mux it smoothly but the result file can not play on my BD player.
    - Changing mkv file from 25 fps to 23.976 fps with tsMuxer would create the result file that can play fine on my BD player. But while muxing, tsMuxer rose error: “Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps.”
    It means that the videostream H.264 was set changed to 23.976 fps but the audiostream was still in 25 fps. That caused a conflict.
    - Have to change the audiostream to 23.976 fps: use UsEac3To
    demux the mkv file, input dts, output ac3, Frequent parameters: chose “change To23.976”.
    If do not choose “change to23.976”, the audiostream will become out of sync with videostream. This set of frequent parameters is very important.
    Here, why not set output dts or dtshd? Simplly, my system does not have “surcode dts encoder”. If set dts, an error will rise.
    Like to use dts format? In my case, freeware “TFM Audio Tool” can be used as alternative choice to convert new ac3 file (just created by UsEac3To) to dts (but, remember that audio file from lossless will become lossy during converting)
    - Muxing again with tsMuxer: the mvk file with new audio ac3 (or new dts). The video & audio was matched perfectly.
    - But the srt sub became out of sync after muxing, although it was matching with the original mkv file before!
    The videostream 23.976 fps, the audiostream 23.976 fps and the srt sub was here recognized by tsMuxer as 23.976 fps as well. Why the srt sub was out of sync? It made me confused a lot! The timeline of the srt sub went fast gradually from the beginning to the end of the movie (e.g: at the beginning, the sub was early 5'', at the middle went 1'15'' earlier and at the end was 4 minute early). It's impossible to adjust the sub manually timeline by timeline. That's really a nightmare!!
    Finally, I found that the srt sub, although recognized as 23.976 fps, but actually it was formatted to match with the original mkv file 25 fps before, so it was 25 fps. I had to change it from 25 fps to 23.976 fps.
    - Changing the srt sub from 25 fps to 23.976 fps: Use Subtitle Edit.
    In Subtitle Edit, open Synchronization>Change frame rate>
    In box of Change frame rate, choose: Form frame rate: 25; To frame rate: 23.976, then ok and save as it as new srt sub.
    - With tsMuxer, muxed again the mkv file (H.264 changed to 23.976 fps) with new audio file (ac3 or dts 23.976 fps) and with new srt sub 23.976 fps. The result file was pefect in all.
    That’s all for my case.
    Thank you all who kindly here helped me. Especially to Mr. johns0 (Super Moderator) who presented me freeware TFM Audio Tool that is very helpful to me.
    Converting an audio file to dts with ffmpeg is still in my search...
    Last edited by anhlinhp4; 1st Oct 2017 at 23:24.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by anhlinhp4 View Post
    Like to use dts format? In my case, freeware “TFM Audio Tool” can be used as alternative choice to convert new ac3 file (just created by UsEac3To) to dts (but, remember that audio file from lossless will become lossy during converting).
    Like Ennio already said: this is a very very stupid idea. You will waste time, decrease compatibility, decrease quality and increase file size. Just use the ac3 file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't read all the replies but have you tried Popcorn MKV AudioConverter it has a tab to change True HD to FLAC and with an option to limit it to 5.1
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote