VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I find that if I import the same video again from iPad to PC, it will generate a different checksum each time

But the video is same, should not be different at all. I have checked the mega data under windows properties, but I cannot see any difference.

I have asked this quetstion in other Apple forums, but no one could answer.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You should do a binary comparison between the file in the iPad and its copy on your PC.

IF something is interfering with the copy process, then it's no surprise that the checksum values will not match.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    You should do a binary comparison between the file in the iPad and its copy on your PC.

IF something is interfering with the copy process, then it's no surprise that the checksum values will not match.
    I follow strictly the official method of transferring files from one device to another. I can't see any possibility of interfering with the copy process.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can only think that the ipad is updating the meta-data during the copy process, and possibly inserting a current date and/or time of the transfer. Have a look at the video through mediainfo and look at the date/time for each video. If its difficult to do, and you have excel, copy each output of media info into separate columns and do a quick compare.

Otherwise, describe the copy process more fully.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THe official method? Is that copying with itunes?
    Quote Quote