VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello on this video I have a problem no deinterlacing filter as happens yadif has removed
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Stray interlacing present in the individual fields of the source. Seems to only be present on the even fields, and it looks like upscaled standard definition shot at 25Hz. You barely lose any real detail, if any, by simply discarding the even fields (except for the channel logos and popup text).

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAX75 - 1080i50 source.png
Views:	869
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	35185 Click image for larger version

Name:	JAX75 - Vinverse even.png
Views:	994
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	35186 Click image for larger version

Name:	JAX75 - discard even.png
Views:	836
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	35187

Code:
    Source = FFVideoSource("1x01.mkv")

# Vinverse Even fields
    Source.SeparateFields()

A = SelectEven().Vinverse()
    B = SelectOdd()

Interleave(A,B)
    Weave()
    VinverseEven = last

# Discard Even fields
    Source.SeparateFields().SelectOdd()
    LanczosResize(1920,1080) #or preferred resizer
    DiscardEven = last

DiscardEven
    Quote Quote  
  3. hank you the result of the 2nd capture and good as do I use StaxRip how to add the line?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No idea; I don't use that. I assume wherever your script currently shows Yadif, if you have a scripting window.
    Quote Quote  
  5. how to deal with StaxRip if anyone knows this software
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can't you edit the AviSynth script it creates?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\le pc de jax\Documents\StaxRip1.3.1.7 Beta\Apps\Plugins\both\ffms2\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01.mkv", cachefile = "F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01 temp files\1x01.ffindex")
    Crop(0, 0, -0, -0)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I believe those are interlaced MPEG 2 compression artifacts from an earlier standard definition encoding, blown up to high def. Just downscale the image back to SD resolution. Like 1024x576, 720x576, or 960x540. You won't really lose anything because the video only has SD detail anyway.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Jan 2016 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by JAX75 View Post
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\le pc de jax\Documents\StaxRip1.3.1.7 Beta\Apps\Plugins\both\ffms2\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01.mkv", cachefile = "F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01 temp files\1x01.ffindex")
    Crop(0, 0, -0, -0)
    You want to know how to edit the script? If you decide to try vaporon800's suggestion, he demonstrated 2 methods. One was to deinterlace just the even fields:

Source=FFVideoSource("F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01.mkv", cachefile = "F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01 temp files\1x01.ffindex")
    # Vinverse Even fields
    Source.SeparateFields()

B = SelectOdd()

Interleave(A,B)
    Weave()
    VinverseEven = last
    VinverseEven

I haven't seen the sample or tested his script. I believe he left out that last line, but if I've done something wrong he can correct me.

The other was to throw out the even fields and resize the rest:

Source=FFVideoSource("F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01.mkv", cachefile = "F:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01 temp files\1x01.ffindex")
    # Discard Even fields
    DiscardEven = last

DiscardEven
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by JAX75 View Post
    Code:
    Crop(0, 0, -0, -0)
    You want to know how to edit the script? If you decide to try vaporon800's suggestion, he demonstrated 2 methods. One was to deinterlace just the even fields:

# Vinverse Even fields
    Source.SeparateFields()

B = SelectOdd()

Interleave(A,B)
    Weave()
    VinverseEven = last
    VinverseEven

I haven't seen the sample or tested his script. I believe he left out that last line, but if I've done something wrong he can correct me.

The other was to throw out the even fields and resize the rest:

# Discard Even fields
    DiscardEven = last

DiscardEven
    yes the first solution and the best I think, why I have this problem on my video.thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. StaxRip not find the plug în yet vinverse it and goods in the folder plug în of StaxRip I do not understand
    Quote Quote  
  12. Forget the plugin. Just resize down to half height, then back to full height:

Code:
    Spline36Resize(width, height/2).Spline36Resize(width, height)
    That doesn't require any external filters.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Oh, right, Vinverse. Sorry, I forgot. jagabo's solution may be the best. You can try and compare. For Vinverse, download and read about the filter here:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Vinverse

To use it either add a new LoadPlugin line to your script or (just guessing, as I don't use StaxRip), add it to where the other DLLs are in your StaxRip installation.
    Quote Quote  
  14. hello I think I found a solution with KernelDeint you can test to see next thank you
    Quote Quote  
  15. There are several things wrong with KernelDeint, although it'll do the job.

One is that it's old and the results are inferior. It's fast, but something like Yadif is also fast and will do a better job. Even its successor, LeakKernelDeint, is better. And none are nearly as good as QTGMC.SelectEven (or Odd, depending) for single-rate deinterlacing. I haven't checked the sample myself, but vaperon800 says the interlacing is only in one of the fields, so you could use QTGMC and toss the bad field.

Another is that KernelDeint deinterlaces everything while Vinverse deinterlaces only the frames (or fields, if you separate them) needing to be deinterlaced. Static frames and fields, or the frames/fields with no interlacing, are left alone. I believe that's why vaperon800 chose Vinverse to begin with - so the fields not needing deinterlacing don't get deinterlaced.

But, if you're happy with the results that's the main thing.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Vinverse appears to be integrated staxrip on the contrary no difference after encoding the defect of fields remains

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\jax\Documents\staxrip\Apps\Pl ugins\both\ffms2\ffms2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\jax\Documents\staxrip\Apps\Pl ugins\avs\vinverse\vinverse.dll")
    FFVideoSource("D:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01.mkv", cachefile = "D:\MI-5\Saison 1\1x01_temp\1x01.ffindex")
    Crop(10, 6, -10, -6)
    vinverse2()
    BicubicResize(1920, 1080, 0, 0.5)
    Last edited by JAX75; 1st May 2017 at 15:07.
    Quote Quote  
  17. deleted
    Last edited by JAX75; 2nd May 2017 at 06:11.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I found a plug in similar in staxrip nnedi3 actually ca ellimine the even field nnedi3(field =0)

before
    [Attachment 41478 - Click to enlarge]

after
    [Attachment 41479 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  19. This is faster and works even better than nnedi3:

Code:
    Spline36Resize(width, height/2).Spline36Resize(width,height)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Nnedi3 works very good I downscale the video in 720p.
    Quote Quote