VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. It seems that this video is heavly blended. Is there any filter that can deblend this video?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Exblend(PAL=1)
    TDecimate(Cycle=6,CycleR=1)

Seems to do a decent job with the sample.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you! It works like a charm!

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Exblend(PAL=1)

Seems to do a decent job with the sample.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Replying so I can find this again.

I would have used srestore(). Why use this instead?
    Quote Quote  
  5. SRestore() can't restore a frame that only appears as part of two blended frames. It can only remove blended frames (and duplicate frames). For example with original film frames A, B, and C, the video has:

A, (A+B,)/2, (B+C)/2, C

Frame B never appears as a clear frame. You need a filter that subtracts A from A+B and/or C from B+C. SRestore() can't do that.

<edit>
    All this time and I didn't realize SRestore actually has some ability to deblend. It just doesn't work well with this video.
    </edit>
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Jan 2016 at 16:48.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    I would have used srestore(). Why use this instead?
    Did you have a look at the sample? Did you try SRestore? I did both and it didn't work out so well. It's all progressive and within each six-frame cycle are two blended frames.

SRestore(omode="pp3")

It creates artifacts and the decimation gets screwed up.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Artifact.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	35194  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you have a look at the sample?
    No. I was only looking at the scripting.
    I've never used exblend() before.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Hehe, me neither. But I knew about it and when SRestore didn't work well on this sample, I finally decided to try and figure out how Exblend worked. As it turned out, it worked very well indeed. And xuguang_he reported back that it worked just as well for his entire movie. So, it's definitely worth keeping in mind for the times when SRestore doesn't work, or doesn't work well, or even to just use it in place of SRestore with certain kinds of sources.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Hehe, me neither. But I knew about it and when SRestore didn't work well on this sample, I finally decided to try and figure out how Exblend worked. As it turned out, it worked very well indeed. And xuguang_he reported back that it worked just as well for his entire movie. So, it's definitely worth keeping in mind for the times when SRestore doesn't work, or doesn't work well, or even to just use it in place of SRestore with certain kinds of sources.
    Thanks for the explanation.

I have one particular ugly video that I want to test this on. What I'd done before was to stack several srestore(), which did somewhat work. TFM() was good on another one.
    Quote Quote