VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The last post I've seen close to asking something similiar was just for mp4, but i'm wondering if there is any free software that will do it without encoding?

recently, I took one of my wife's old videos, extracted the audio, repaired/remastered it and save it as a .wav. Now I want to put it back into the video without encoding it.

any recent developments? is avi demux or virtual dub still the way to go?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean not encode video
    Or
    Not encode the audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I mean not encoding either , video nor audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use ffmpeg and export as .mov or mkv. whether or not it will be playable on your device is another question. If you can't handle a command line, then use a frontend like XmediaRecode and set both video and audio to copy.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by okv View Post
    Maybe this program will do it? Look at page 9 of 21. Haven't tested it myself.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9...wnload-1136264
    Why not just link too Free video Dub instead of a site with 39847239845798237983248947239798349872394823894723 banners.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm know i'm so late to replying to this.. sorry.

None of them seemed to work. XmediaRecode came close but no cigar. thanks for the replies anyway!
    Quote Quote  
  7. use MKVToolnix for merge them (without encode). Then, use Hybrid for remux to mp4
    Quote Quote  
  8. I don't think LPCM is a valid audio format for mp4. The OP talks of a .wav files and no re-encoding.
    So Mp4 is not a option for this project...
    Quote Quote