VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a short video clip .avi but the volume on it is very low, what tools do i use to extract audio then what tool to increase volume, then how do i join audio back to video again
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	crops.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	35128  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Extract the audio with for example Virtualdubmod(under Streams) or Pazera Free Audio Extractor.
    Increase the volume in for example audacity, goldwave, etc. Save as a new mp3.
    Multiplex back the video with new audio with virtualdubmod.

Or use Xmedia recode, open avi, choose Format: avi, under the Video tab choose Mode: Copy, under the Audio tab choose Codec: MP3, Volume Correction, Volume change(%) and try 150, click Add to Queue and last Encode!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Extract the audio with for example Virtualdubmod(under Streams) or Pazera Free Audio Extractor.

Or use Xmedia recode, open avi, choose Format: avi, under the Video tab choose Mode: Copy, under the Audio tab choose Codec: MP3, Volume Correction, Volume change(%) and try 150, click Add to Queue and last Encode!

Ok will give this a go first, see whats best or try what hech54 says.

many thanks to you both
    Quote Quote  
  4. You may use ffmpeg to do this on the fly.
    For example by using this filter: http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#dynaudnorm (but there is many similar approaches).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    You may use ffmpeg to do this on the fly.
    For example by using this filter: http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#dynaudnorm (but there is many similar approaches).
    I dont have a clue how to set up this ffmpeg or the filter do you have a tutorial

how do you even download the 6.38 dynaudnorm and add it to ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  6. At first look at: http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MP3

dynaudnorm is already in ffmpeg so all you need is to call this filter with some parameters.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i %1 -c:v copy -c:a libmp3lame -b:a 256k -af "dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0"  -f avi %1_.avi
    Hope it will work directly but sorry if not - had no time to test it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

Ok will give this a go first, see whats best or try what hech54 says.

many thanks to you both
    If your audio is mono or stereo, you can use VirtualDub (not VirtualDubMod) to adjust the audio. Set Video -> Direct Stream Copy (so video is not changed), then use VirtualDub's audio filtering tools to increase the volume and recompress.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just use aviDemux
    Choose copy video
    Choose mp3 audio
    Choose filter on audio, increase , set number of db increase
    Output format avi
    Save
    Quote Quote