VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have found all my vhs tapes that i audio dubbed back in the 90's and they always played but now on my new video recorder they only play the original soundtrack. i have a philips vr750.
    is there any way i can get them to play the music instead of the original track
    Last edited by Baldrick; 4th Jan 2016 at 03:16. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure what you want,you said you dubbed the audio onto them but your video recorder only plays the original audio?Need more info.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i audio dubbed the matches of the undertaker back in the 90's so i didnt have the talking on them just music, they always played. you could watch the matches and listen to music instead. but since i have got this new recorder they wont play the music, you can hear a couple of chords from the music but then it goes straight onto the original soundtrack.
    i just want to be able to hear the music i dubbed onto them dont want the original soundtrack. cant see any reason why they ont work unless the video recorder is so modern it wont recognize it
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The "Audio dubbing" (post-video-recording addition of separate audio) feature on VHS is only available on the linear track(s), else you'd have to also re-dub/re-edit the video as well.

You should try changing your audio output choice to "Monaural" or "MIX".

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thing is these were done between 1992 and 1997 with an old machine that i dont have any more. in those days nearly every video machine had the audio dub capabiltiy, now with computers they do not and i dont think they have what you said on there, there are no output choices. i am really P^&&%$ off cause there are about 30 hours of tape that i cant watch with the music i added. i dont know any way of solving this. i am quite good with computers but video machines i knew what i could do on them and that was it
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can easily dub audio on computers much easier than vhs,if you dubbed the audio on linear/hifi tracks then the other audio might be playing from the hi-fi tracks or vice versa
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok but how do i get the vhs tapes onto computer, is there a device or program you need for that
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dvd recorder or capture card.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe what you're wanting is not getting across, but it sure seemed as if you had some previously-recorded tapes that also had secondary audio dubbed onto them and you wanted to play them with the secondary audio (or maybe the secondary PLUS the main audio), just not the main/original audio alone, right?

Because that's what I answered you in post #4: I looked up the VCR that you mentioned in post #1 (philips VR750) and read the manual. That is what it is capable of and it says to do it that way in order to get what you want. You can't just say "it's a PO$! It doesn't do that!", because the manual explains that it does if you follow the directions properly.
    Of course, you could have some odd/weird recorded VHS tape that won't play properly in most players, but I find that highly unlikely. Or you could have a different VCR than the one you mentioned (one not equipped with support for monaural audio tracks or track choice switching), but I also find that quite unlikely. Or you might not be able to follow the directions (no manual?)...

If you actually want to REPLICATE the experience of dubbing tracks onto previously-recorded video (and audio) using new material, I STRONGLY suggest that you avoid VHS altogether and do it all digitally: there are plenty of freeware apps that should be able to overdub additional audio tracks to existing V+A assets, as johns0 said. And there are multiple methods to digitize VHS: e.g. PVR, DVD Recorder, Capture card, capture box, capture usb dongle, DV passthrough (ADVC-type box or camera) & firewire port. This site is littered with plenty of good recommendations in this regard, so I won't rehash them.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 6th Jan 2016 at 00:55.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for your help, i am not savvy with audio equipment. all i wanted to do was play them with the audio dub stuff on them. being a pain where would i find in the directions how to do this. i normally just use the video to record off tv, there are a lot of things i can do, rip music off dvds, captures, cloning etc but all this audio stuff i am lost sorry
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The manual: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/v/vr750_07/vr750_07_dfu_eng.pdf. First item on the search list.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry but i have already got the manual it came with the recorder but i dont know what i am looking for in the manual thats what i meant, sorry for any confusion
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by suevosloo View Post
    all i wanted to do was play them with the audio dub stuff on them
    Are you even going to TRY to explain what you are talking about?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    pg. 22.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!