VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy & Happy 2016!
    I've got some .ts videos, I wanna cut them without loosing quality or converting.
    So the software must just cut and export the contents of original .ts file without any conversion to preserve the original quality.
    Which software is recommended for this task?
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by omidsolo View Post
    Howdy & Happy 2016!
    I've got some .ts videos, I wanna cut them without loosing quality or converting.
    So the software must just cut and export the contents of original .ts file without any conversion to preserve the original quality.
    Which software is recommended for this task?
    Cheers.
    I personally use VideoReDo TV Suite for editing my recorded TV shows in TS format because I found that it successfully deals with transmission errors. Some others here use TS-Doctor, TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer 4, SolveigMM Video Splitter, or Smart Cutter Ps/Ts.

[Edit] I should note that the above solutions can cut on any frame, but smart encode. Smart encoding means that when a clip doesn't start on an I-frame or end on an I-frame or P-frame, a small number of frames adjacent to the cut point will be re-encoded to avoid leaving incomplete GOPs at the beginning or end of the clip. However, the quality loss is imperceptible because so little of the video is re-encoded.

The only way to completely avoid loosing any quality is to use an editor which does not have the ability to re-encode and only allows clips to be made starting with an I-frame and ending with an I-frame or P-frame. There some freeware editors which work this way. The downside is that sometimes it won't be possible to choose the frame to start or end a clip with as much precision as one would like.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 2nd Jan 2016 at 13:59.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Without a preview.....

TSMuxer.
    MKVMergeGUI.
    I think MyMP4BoxGUI will also open TS files.

Video To Video Converter can remux and it's cutter has a preview. There's a portable version (the installer version offers adware, but you can opt out).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i use VideoRedo
    i haven't tried the other possible solutions
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thx everyone, Video ReDo has problem with smooth preview of my Starsat .ts Satellite recording, but it works and quality is intact, great job
    Quote Quote