VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys,

I've reported a recent issue that's happening to me with mkv that have a new framerate = 24.000384, while transformed into bluray and burn it, when played on a ps3/ps4, each intervals of time (about 45s), the sound and image resync automatically and so there is periodically a sound cut.

It only happens on films having this framerate.
    And on TsMuxer, there is not this fps to select (only 24, or 23.976) = and even with the framerate 24, it causes the issue (because not 24.000384).

I've tried to remux the video with uncropMKV to change the framerate but it changes the video too (it slows down the video so change the quality).

Do you have any idea of this issue and how to get around it please ?

Thanks
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you've taken this directly from a Blu Ray the frame rate is actually exactly 24 fps.

http://dvd.sourceforge.net/dvdinfo/mpeghdrs.html

24.000384 isn't a Blu Ray compliant frame rate, so you cannot get that frame rate from a video track taken from one.

MPEG2 (which I'm assuming is the codec your video stream uses) has two places to store frame rate, one basic one where your frame rate isn't possible (since it only allows for standard frame rates) and an extension for describing non-standard frame rates. What I think must have happened was that rather than use the header for the standard frame rates, whatever encoded that stream you have tried to invent a numerator value and a denumerator value to get a "similar" frame rate for the extension and came up with a stupid number instead.

But irrespective, it would have been muxed into the M2TS stream as 24p (not 23.976(24/1.001)) and if you remux the file and force it as 24p it should be in sync. If the problem is still there after remux then you need to remove the frame rate information from the header using restream (or similar).

It should work properly at that point.
    Quote Quote