VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Sony BDP S1500 which didn't play my copy of a movie in .mkv format. I decided to burn a bluray disk using AVCHD Coder and img burn. The movie played for about 20 min. until the sound cut off because of Cinavia copyright. How do I play my movie on my TV using this bluray player? is there some kind of universal setting I must use? I am trying out handbreak to make the .mkv file now and I set the audio to AAC. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am new to this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing you can do until someone figures out how to circumvent cinavia,best to get a western digital media player or similar player or and older blu-ray player that plays mkv such as mine which doesn't have cinavia incorporated into it

Also please don't crosspost,one thread is enough,i deleted your other post.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Nothing you can do until someone figures out how to circumvent cinavia,best to get a western digital media player or similar player or and older blu-ray player that plays mkv such as mine which doesn't have cinavia incorporated into it.
    My bluray player says that it could play .mkv but it just doesnt play the audio. I think this is false advertisement on sony's part. It looks like I will have to do that then. I'm sure bluray player sales have been down
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It will play mkv but not with cinavia,read more about it in the forum threads,there are a ton of threads about it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Use a media streaming box instead of a Blu-ray player for MKV files with Cinavia. Roku, or Western Digital TV Media players are popular.

DVDFab has recently released a new solution for Cinavia, but at the moment, there are only a handful of titles that are supported. It is also not cheap, since you would need the Cinavia removal section of their program plus either the Blu-ray Copy or Blu-ray Ripper module as well.

You would spend less money and have more immediate return on investment with a streaming media player.
    Quote Quote