VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, all!

I am looking for a camera setup for my church. What we want to do is have a camera sit up in our balcony that will run when the service starts. It would be nice if we could find something that is remote control, so we could pan/tilt/zoom from some sort of remote or application. In addition, we'd like to find one where we can send the video feed of the service to different rooms in our building.

Any help on this would be great! A setup along these lines would be nice. Would love everybody's suggestions!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds a lot like our church setup. I do not know specifically what equipment we use; I just run the remote cameras when needed.

Some suggestions:
    1. Search the net for a/v businesses that are local and tell them what your needs are. I am sure you can get some quotes on suggested setups; then you can report here for critiques. We have some VERY knowledgeable people here.
    2. Call some of the larger churches in your area and ask them what their setups are like. You may find one with a setup similar to what you are looking for and they may be able to suggest places to purchase from and equipment to purchase.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A company I've used in the past. http://www.supercircuits.com/
    Lots of cameras and options. Most are surveillance type, but you should get an idea what's out there.
    What you are likely looking for is a PTZ (Pan/Tilt/Zoom) camera or mount that you can remotely control.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'll have to check with other churches and their setups. Also need to do more research on PTZ cameras, don't want to spend a huge amount of money on one.

Was thinking about doing a setup now with a PTZ cam, send a live stream on YouTube so people in different parts of the building could watch it. Just thinking how audio would work.
    Last edited by Lindmando; 29th Dec 2015 at 15:25.
    Quote Quote