VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in USA (A Region) and I want to play a Blu-Ray disk of Europe (B Region).

Is there software that can burn a Blu-Ray and the Blu-Ray copy is changed or has removed the Region Code?

Either free or to pay software.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post

Is there software that can burn a Blu-Ray and the Blu-Ray copy is changed or has removed the Region Code?

DVDFab HD Decrypter (free) can decrypt many older movies and remove zone restrictions. MakeMKV (free while in beta) can also remove Blu-Ray zone restrictions and create a backup the Blu-Ray (File->Backup).

The decryption libraries are not as up to date as AnyDVD or DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy, but work with many Blu-Ray releases.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Dec 2015 at 19:18. Reason: none, no change made
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    None of the above mentioned software (with the exception of the full version of DVDFab) have burning capability. But they do provide the important steps of removing encryption and zone restrictions. To do the actual burn to a disc after removing those restrictions, I'd recommend ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any one software that does it all? Removes zone restrictions AND can burn a blu-ray disk from the factory original disk.
    Mind you, I will make only - ONE - copy for MY viewing pleasure, ONLY.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is only for copying and removing zone restriction (or changing it to A Zone) on Blu -Ray, only.
    I have no need, nor interest in the DVD format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is only for copying and removing zone restriction (or changing it to A Zone) on Blu -Ray, only.
    I have no need, nor interest in the DVD format.
    Kerry56 already told you that DVDFab Blu Ray Copy both decrypts and burns Blu-Ray.

If you want a good free Blu-Ray ripper, then burning requires another step using ImgBurn, which is also free. http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides/dvdrip/110-guides/blu-ray-copy/260-burn-blu-ray-avchd-using-imgburn

[Edit]TDMore Blu-ray Copy is also supposed to be able to copy and burn Blu-Ray discs, but needs DVD Fab Passkey for Blu-Ray or AnyDVD HD running in the background for decryption.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Dec 2015 at 19:27. Reason: Correct a product name. Correct info for DVDFab Blu Ray Copy
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM

you might also check to see if your bluray player can be made region free.
    the disc may be region free but your player may only read region A discs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post

you might also check to see if your bluray player can be made region free.
    the disc may be region free but your player may only read region A discs.
    He can check, but should be made aware that it is rare for consumers to be able to hack a Blu-Ray player to ignore Blu-Ray region codes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have DVDFab Blu-Ray and been using it for years. I contacted their techs who told me that their software cannot remove the Region or alter the Region.

If you have been able to use DVDFab to burn a copy of a Blu-Ray removing or changing the region - PLEASE tell me how - the specific steps - you did it.

Thank you.
    andy
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I have DVDFab Blu-Ray and been using it for years. I contacted their techs who told me that their software cannot remove the Region or alter the Region.

If you have been able to use DVDFab to burn a copy of a Blu-Ray removing or changing the region - PLEASE tell me how - the specific steps - you did it.

Thank you.
    andy
    There is a setting in DVDFab for this very purpose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab Blu-ray settings.png
Views:	879
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	34993
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a million!

THANKS!!!!
    Quote Quote