VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Trying to capture DV via Firewire passthrough to a Win7 Home Premium machine. Using a Sony Digital8 cam as the passthru box.

Trying to capture to a WD Green drive that I transferred over from an XP machine. Using WinDV to capture. WinDV shows that something is being captured but when I look at the drive, the file isn't there. If I look through WinDV using the set file location button the file is visible.

The other files that were put on the WD drive when it was in the XP machine are viewable and playable. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    windv probably does not have enough os permission to write file. make sure windv is NOT in c:/ program files of any kind. put it on a separate drive/folder like d:/ program files. or try right clicking the .exe/shortcut and running windv as admin.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    windv probably does not have enough os permission to write file. make sure windv is NOT in c:/ program files of any kind. put it on a separate drive/folder like d:/ program files. or try right clicking the .exe/shortcut and running windv as admin.
    Does Win7 behave differently than XP in that way? I run WinDV from the program files folder in XP and put it there on the Win7 machine as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    XP doesn't have UAC like Win7 so permissions elevation can make a big difference.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    XP doesn't have UAC like Win7 so permissions elevation can make a big difference.

Scott
    Hopefully there's a setting to make everything accessible all the time so I don't have to jump through hoops to make things work?
    Last edited by brassplyer; 24th Dec 2015 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    move it out of c: program files. make a directory call c: windv and put it in there. right click on the windv.exe file properties/compatibility and put a check mark in the box that says "run as administrator" click apply and then ok.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I run my copy of WinDV(under Win7) straight from the documents folder where it was saved to under XP.

In fact there are very few settings you can change - length of capture, capture folder, DV type.

Do you actually see the video when the "Capturing from DV Device" option is selected (left button). That is the one you use not the right button.
    Quote Quote