Have Panasonic SC-BT100. Firmware version 2.0 is installed. Some BD's won't play, so decided to update to the latest firmware, ver 2.2. Followed instructions exactly to burn a CD-R with the 2.2 firmware. Inserted CD into BT100. Upon starting the update, front display flashes 'L FVU'. Then 'L DISP'. Then 'L MAIN'. Then 'L OPE'. Then a brief 'UPDATE'. The tray then pops open, machine shuts itself off with tray in the open position. The instructions said that it could take up to 45 minutes for the update process to complete. I'm sure the unit would need be powered on to complete the update, but, just to be sure, I left it alone for 45 minutes with tray in the open position, with the 2.2 firmware update CD in the tray, power still off. The unit stayed this way for the entire 45 minutes. Nothing happened in the 45 minutes. When the time elapsed, I took the CD out of the tray and powered on the unit. The tray closed. The display flashed 'L FVU' a few times, then the tray pops open and the display reads 'INSERT DISC'. If the disc is inserted, the same cycle described above happens all over again. If the tray is closed without the disc, it pops back open, display flashing 'INSERT DISC'. This perpetual cycle would go on for eternity, all the while, the unit is completely inoperable for any use. Tried unplugging the power. When power is plugged back in, the same cycle happens. I 'm hoping I can get this figured out with your help, as I chatted with a Panasonic tech, and his only help was to follow the instructions. If that didn't work, take it to a Panasonic service center was his only other help. With what that'll cost, I'll just junk the SC100 and get a new BD player with a home theater receiver.