VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is 1080i (if native not available) most ideal setting, when watching both; SD and HD channels on 1080p TV? Also is it better let the TV handle (upscaling and) deinterlacing, rather that set top- or cable box? In this case TV is Sony Bravia 46".

Referring to the question above; is 1080i better setting for set top box than 1080p. I mean, if it's 1080p, then deinterlacing is processed by the box, rather than TV.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digiface View Post
    Is 1080i (if native not available) most ideal setting, when watching both; SD and HD channels on 1080p TV? Also is it better let the TV handle (upscaling and) deinterlacing, rather that set top- or cable box? In this case TV is Sony Bravia 46".

Referring to the question above; is 1080i better setting for set top box than 1080p. I mean, if it's 1080p, then deinterlacing is processed by the box, rather than TV.
    If native resolution is not available, try 720p and 1080i to find out which you prefer to handle a mix of SD and HD channels. A newer TVs from one of the major consumer electronics manufacturers can usually upscale and deinterlace to 1080p more competently than a set-top box, but once again you should try both options with the channels that you watch most often and see which looks better to you.
    Quote Quote