VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I want that for example a square, that is around the upper right corner of the screen, appears and expands in size, from the center of itself, from to 0 whatever size I want. I will try to draw this in case it doesnt make sense:

I hope you get the idea. I have tried doing it with keyframes but it's a mess, I can't make it spawn from the center of itself, it moves. Isn't there any sort of transition that does this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably the easiest way is to use track motion and keyframes on the top layer (the red one in your picture).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Probably the easiest way is to use track motion and keyframes on the top layer (the red one in your picture).
    I have been trying to play with the track motion features but i cant find a way to do exactly what I want, how would i go about it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a tutorial for Vegas Movie Studio but it is very similar using Vegas. If you watch this you will get a good idea on how to do what you want.

https://www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/29-how-to-use...hd-platinum-10
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by rocco123 View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Probably the easiest way is to use track motion and keyframes on the top layer (the red one in your picture).
    I have been trying to play with the track motion features but i cant find a way to do exactly what I want, how would i go about it?
    What can't you do exactly ?

Set a start keyframe for width/height = 0 . Start an end keyframe for whatever dimensions. If you want the position offset (in your example, its more to the top right), set the x, y position - but that doesn't animate, only the width/height animate. That's it. 2 keyframes. Very simple

Or did you want some other type of animation curve, like easing or cartoon bouncing / overshoot ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, I just want the image which is a dialog box, to appear from the center, just like on this videogame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZ47ppAGf0&t=3m20s
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you have multiple events / text boxes or whatever , I would use event pan/crop instead. As the name suggests, track motion affects the entire track .

But the procedure is otherwise identical to the instructions above. Set start and end keyframes. The x,y position is the same for both keyframes, that way the box doesn't move - it only scales from the same origin position (ie only the width/ height change over time)
    Quote Quote