VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have 3-4 .TS files (created with tsmuxer - MP4/ac3 format) I want to burn to a bluray disk
    with a menu to select each.

I just need to do this once so would appreciate advice on the simplest way to get this done

I tried avchd but it requires too much other stuff installed online (not acceptable) and isnt really bluray format as far as I can see.
    I found BDS lite but that just freezes on the desktop as soon as it starts tsmuxer (which it seems to require) and is too complex
    and obscure anyway
    My third attempt was the (admittedly new under development MakeBD) which looks about right but forces a recompression
    of the files and the menu doesnt work afterwards anyway (theres also an aspect ratio issue if the files are different)

So if anyone knows something free and simple I can just do this with I'd appreciate a heads up.
    (I'm using win7-64 with no internet access on it so the program must download for manual installation)

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe bdtoavchd, avchdcoder or multiavchd. All free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick reply baldrick

bdtoavchd only appears to author for DVD discs so that wont do it for me
    avchdcoder is actually what I wrongly just called avchd above (sorry my fault) and far too messy to install
    multiavchd is a program I had years ago - I've just downloaded it (didnt know it was updated in 2012!) and will give that a go.
    I seem to remember it was a bit tricky to use but seemed to do a lot.

here's hoping.

thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have been looking at this too. I've played around with multiAVCHD. Not too bad. The only thing I didn't like was when doing a custom background and then using xmb menu is that I felt the thumbnails for the videos on the disc were larger than I liked and I didn't see a way to make them smaller. I also did a trial of TAWS and like it but to me seems a bit steep at $100 (and as far as I can tell never offer any kind of a discount). The site looks a bit cheesy but seems to be pretty straight forward. I was looking at this last night and it also looks like DVD Architect Studio is suppose to allow bluray menus and such. Don't know how easy it is to use though. Maybe someeone else can chime in. I want to explore it a bit more as there is an academic edition floating around out there that is $20.
    Last edited by mulliganman; 18th Dec 2015 at 19:34. Reason: added more multiavch info
    Quote Quote  
  5. hi mulliganman - nice to see I'm not alone.
    You would think that copying 3 files to a disc and adding a menu wouldnt be hard to do would you?

MultiAVCHD turns out to be a nighmare - I remember why I stopped using it now. Out of sync audio, refusal to create menus
    and corrupt video at end a refusal to start at the file indicated as the first - and more. Good features as ideas but a nightmare waste of time in practice.

I'm totally confused as to why doing this task is so hard.
    I'll check out DVD architect but not holding my breath.

If anyone has other ideas please butt in...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just finished my first BDMV using DVD Architect. While I think it is very intuitive and straightforward, I migrated over from Adobe Encore, so I already know my way around authoring tools. IOW, I can't guarantee everyone will find it as easy as I did. Here is my full review:

https://forum.videohelp.com/post2423645
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was about to reply but lost the will to live half way through ....
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  9. Have you considered BD Rebuilder? Not to derail thread, but anybody know if BD Rebuilder will work in WINE in Linux? That's really the only thing keeping me in Windows right now.
    Quote Quote