VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys I had some MOV video files on an external SATA USB Caddy. I transferred the Caddy to my desktop that was running an IDE HDD, with the MP42AVI program on it. When I tried to access the caddy with the MP42AVI prog the SATA USB caddy was not recognised. When I tried to access the SATA caddy with my laptop that was running a SATA HDD I got the following messages
    (1) You need to format the disc in drive F before you can use it
    (2) When checking the properties box for the HDD, it indicates that the disc is all blue/used condition, and has 0 bytes in all the fields. Used space. Free space and Capacity
    (3))Disc management option indicates that the HDD is in a RAW condition and Healthy Logical Drive
    Can I get these MOV movie files back?
    Cheers visionman
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try going into device manager, uninstall the USB HDD, unplug USB HDD and let windows reinstall HDD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a usb drive has nothing to do with what's inside your computer. all the computer sees is the usb interface. the usb to sata in the caddy may be fried. try removing the drive from the caddy and connecting directly to a sata port. if you have external esata ports they work fine with a sata to esata cable and external power supply to the drive.

if it's still listed as raw you'll need to get some hard drive repair software like - http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-lost-partition.htm
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote