VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I've been experimenting with this and it seems no matter what flag I choose the resulting file is the same bitrate and quality. Maybe someone can help me.

here is my command like. I'm using ffmpeg that I compiled with the nvenc

>ffmpeg -analyzeduration 400M -probesize 1000M -i 00800.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -c:v nvenc_hevc -profile high -tier high -c:a copy hevc1.mkv

I've used as you see here -tier high, -preset slow, -2pass true

the results are always the same which makes no sense. Is my order all wrong. Help please.
    Quote Quote  
  2. As i don't have NV card then i can't help you with this but i would suggest to read http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/ffmpeg/1511-patch/FFMPEG-with-NVID...ntu_UG_v01.pdf .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks that actually helped a lot. Showed me commands I did not know I could use with nvenc_hevc, command which were not in the nvenc_hevc --help full from ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by madhatr View Post
    Thanks that actually helped a lot. Showed me commands I did not know I could use with nvenc_hevc, command which were not in the nvenc_hevc --help full from ffmpeg.

Common problem with ffmpeg, additionally checking source may help also https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/079b5d4ef888bd42bf0147a6d964b8bc9ec0f3c5/libavcodec/nvenc.c
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by madhatr View Post
    Thanks that actually helped a lot. Showed me commands I did not know I could use with nvenc_hevc, command which were not in the nvenc_hevc --help full from ffmpeg.
    Just wondering, could you list them here with examples ?

edit: oh, the pdf outlines them.
    Quote Quote