VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I am new in this forum, although I search for some weeks in the archives to find my answers! But now I have questions unanswered. I hope you can help me.

I just bought the Hauppauge HD PVR 2, and I want to archive some videos of my TV decoder (VIP2262). I use Hauppauge Capture program on my laptop Lenovo T520 Thinkpade (i5-2520M, 4GB and 500GB HDD). I have some videos recorded in SD and others in HD on my TV decoder. The resolution is 720P and the audio output is "Multiple Track".

Ideally, I want a visual and audio quality that comes closest to the original.

For the connection, here's what I did:
    - Optical audio output (SPDIF) of the TV decoder to the optical audio input of HD PVR 2.
    - HDMI output of the decoder at the input HDMI splitter (HDCP).
    - Output HDMI splitter to the HDMI input of HD PVR 2.

In Capture Hauppauge, I have a correct result but leaves me perplexed. Here's the rest of my questions.

1. Should I record my videos to TS or MP4 format? On the site of Hauppauge, quality is the same in the two cases. Is it true?
    2. What should I do manipulations to the output file?
    3. My SD videos are not full screen. Is this normal?
    4. The audio of my SD videos are 2 channels while that of my HD videos are 6 channels. Is this normal? It seems to me that the audio SD video is of inferior quality to the original.
    5. For SD video, can I record with a bitrate lower than my HD video while retaining the visual quality? I thought a 5Mbps bitrate for SD and 9Mbps for HD videos.

Thank you for your help! (and sorry for my English!)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Erik80 View Post
    Hello,

I am new in this forum, although I search for some weeks in the archives to find my answers! But now I have questions unanswered. I hope you can help me.

I just bought the Hauppauge HD PVR 2, and I want to archive some videos of my TV decoder (VIP2262). I use Hauppauge Capture program on my laptop Lenovo T520 Thinkpade (i5-2520M, 4GB and 500GB HDD). I have some videos recorded in SD and others in HD on my TV decoder. The resolution is 720P and the audio output is "Multiple Track".

Ideally, I want a visual and audio quality that comes closest to the original.

For the connection, here's what I did:
    - Optical audio output (SPDIF) of the TV decoder to the optical audio input of HD PVR 2.
    - HDMI output of the decoder at the input HDMI splitter (HDCP).
    - Output HDMI splitter to the HDMI input of HD PVR 2.

In Capture Hauppauge, I have a correct result but leaves me perplexed. Here's the rest of my questions.

1. Should I record my videos to TS or MP4 format? On the site of Hauppauge, quality is the same in the two cases. Is it true?
    2. What should I do manipulations to the output file?
    3. My SD videos are not full screen. Is this normal?
    4. The audio of my SD videos are 2 channels while that of my HD videos are 6 channels. Is this normal? It seems to me that the audio SD video is of inferior quality to the original.
    5. For SD video, can I record with a bitrate lower than my HD video while retaining the visual quality? I thought a 5Mbps bitrate for SD and 9Mbps for HD videos.

Thank you for your help! (and sorry for my English!)
    Try using a high bitrate north 12 to more like the stock 13Mbps setting so don't end up with pixelated how ever if it still there.
    What bitrae are you using ? Constant Bit Rite or Variable Bit Rite
    1: Get VLC test your clip with it as somne media player can cuases pixelated in play back.
    2: If it still there then it possable the root cuases is becuase of the HDMI splitter then try Component see if there any diff.
    Then use tool like Video to Video to get where you want at.
    Quote Quote