VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a setup box connected to tv. Using record in setupbox, i recorded 20sec video of cnn news. I am not able to play the file on archlinux using any player like mplayer, mpv, smplayer.
    But the recorded files get played in the tv from the setup box.

It plays well in the setup box. It does not play in the laptop. Also checked windows ops, its the same.

It made a folder in the USB and its contents are as below:

Folder Name: [TS]2010-11-01.03.29.16-CNN-31
    Files inside:
    000.ts size:12.6 mb
    000.meta size: 26b
    info3.vr size:176 kb
    000.dvr size:64 kb

now i try to play with mpv. i get the following:

$ ~/[TS]2010-11-01.03.29.16-CNN-31 % mpv 000.ts
    Playing: 000.ts
    [ffmpeg] NULL: start time for stream 0 is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
    [ffmpeg] NULL: start time for stream 1 is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] mpegts: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: mpeg2video ([2][0][0][0] / 0x0002), none(tv)): unspecified size
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] mpegts: Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: mp3 ([3][0][0][0] / 0x0003), 0 channels, s16p): unspecified frame size
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
    [lavf] av_find_stream_info() failed
    [ffmpeg] NULL: start time for stream 0 is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
    [ffmpeg] NULL: start time for stream 1 is not set in estimate_timings_from_pts
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] mpegts: Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: mpeg2video ([2][0][0][0] / 0x0002), none(tv)): unspecified size
    [ffmpeg/demuxer] mpegts: Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Audio: mp3 ([3][0][0][0] / 0x0003), 0 channels, s16p): unspecified frame size
    [lavf] av_find_stream_info() failed
    Failed to recognize file format.

Exiting... (Errors when loading file)
    $ ~/[TS]2010-11-01.03.29.16-CNN-31 %

when i play with vlc it not shows video or any audio. but we can see the progress bar moving.

how to play 000.ts file
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably some kind of encryption. Many boxes have this to stop copying/sharing the video.

I don't think there is any easy way to remove it like with a dvd/blu-ray ripper software.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick would be correct.

But it helps if people be more specific about hardware involved ... Name and model of topset box involved.

Did you read the topset box manual to confirm its capabilities / restrictions ?
    Quote Quote