VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on DVD. I wanted to convert it to .avi format, so i can put it on a flash drive, and plug it into my HDTV. I used Freemake Video Converter. I used XviD as the video format. It worked fine. I could rewind and fast-forward and everything. I had an issue with the sound not being very loud, so i used the same Freemake Video Converter to convert the newly converted .avi file to mp3. Then, after that i used audacity to increase the volume of the movie. Finally, i used virtualdub to save the new audio track to the video file. I again used XviD format to mesh everything together. I put the new file on the flash drive, and played it on my TV. The movie is a lot louder now, but for some reason, the fast-forward and rewind buttons do not work now. Would anyone out there have any solution to my problem? Please let me know.
    Last edited by snafubaby; 15th Dec 2015 at 03:06.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In virtualdub did you use Video->Direct Stream Copy mode? To avoid another reconversion and just copy the video. It might also fix the fast forwarding issue.

Or just try repair your avi xvid with the old divfix++ and see if it works better.
    Quote Quote