VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Samsung LCD tv and I do not have hd through comcast so I just get sd broadcasts. Most of the stations are displayed in 16x9 and do not take up the full screen, some stations do. As a result, when I watch something that takes up the full screen, I get a faded horizontal line where the 16x9 border would be. I would like my image to take up the full screen but I do not have that option for all channels. Is there anyway to fix this color breaking ghost line?

Not sure if this makes sense.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you take a screenshot?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you take a screenshot?
    Not sure how I would go about taking a screenshot of my tv. I doubt an actual picture would show it. The faint line shows up on certain images. Would continuously running a moving image help fix this. It is basically the same if you have a hdtv and watch everything in 4:3. Eventually the borders of the 4:3 burn into the tv.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    On your samsung tv control there's a picture size button which will fill the screen on any type of show with black borders,the image of the lines will fade out after a while.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To minimize future "burn in", lower your contrast / picture, brighness and color. Don't use Vivid or Dynamic Mode (this results in an unnatural picture anyway). Check your manual to see if it allows a gray instead of a black background for non-fullscreen modes.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    On your samsung tv control there's a picture size button which will fill the screen on any type of show with black borders,the image of the lines will fade out after a while.
    That is the problem. Only a couple of stations give me this option. I think this has something to do with comcast. The tv I am describing is not hooked to the cable box just a converter. Some stations I can go to full screen but 90% of the others do not give that option.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    To minimize future "burn in", lower your contrast / picture, brighness and color. Don't use Vivid or Dynamic Mode (this results in an unnatural picture anyway). Check your manual to see if it allows a gray instead of a black background for non-fullscreen modes.
    I will try that...thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by colt4523 View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    That is the problem. Only a couple of stations give me this option. I think this has something to do with comcast. The tv I am describing is not hooked to the cable box just a converter. Some stations I can go to full screen but 90% of the others do not give that option.
    To clairfy, based on your previous posts, your LCD is 4:3 SD correct? There should be a Zoom function on the TV, nothing to do with your video source. Check the manual or post the model number and maybe I can help find the manual online.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your tv gives you the option to resize the picture,not the station or converter or cable box.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote