VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I want to rip my Blu Ray's because I want to view them on my tablet.
    But since a week or so my Blu Ray burner is acting weird when I open any kind of program like AnyDVD HD or DVDfab, even MakeMKV won't do the job.

When I insert my Blu Ray in my external Blu Ray drive and start any of the programs I mentioned, the Blu Ray drive starts the disc.
    However, when it's all finished, the drive "disconnects" and turns on again and it will be reading the Blu Ray (and eventually it turns off again -,-)

It does read the disc fine without all the programs, and it doesn't disconnect and turn on that way.
    But, as I mentioned, I want to view them on my tablet.

Does anybody have the answer to my situation?
    By the way, my external Blu Ray drive is the "Samsung SE-506CB".
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you play the blu-ray with a software blu-ray player? Like PowerDVD, etc. Disable anydvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @Baldrick It surprises me that, even with AnyDVD disabled, I can't play the Blu Ray. At least not with PowerDVD.
    And it doesn't work on another pc too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, after trying to clean the lens of the Blu Ray drive, I can suddenly play my Blu Ray's again.
    I can open up MakeMKV without a problem, however, I still can't get some movies to my hard drive.
    2 of my Blu Ray's (1 bought at a shop for used products, 1 new) have a problem, MakeMKV says something about an scsi error.

I searched it up on google, and some say it's (mostly) because of a Blu Ray with scratches on it.
    But since one of the two Blu Ray's I tried is almost as new as when I bought it....it just doesn't make any sense to me
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried it in any other blu-ray drive/computer?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Another computer: yep same problem.
    Another Blu Ray drive: I'm afraid I only have 1, so I can't say yes to that one.

It's weird because it aborts the process at the same position every time, however the position itself is different with the two blu ray's I tried.
    I'm going to try it on another computer again, to see if the results are still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Strange, it works with one of the Blu Ray's when I use the -sonic command in eac3to.
    I will try the other Blu Ray tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  8. The used blu ray didn't go as well as the one I tried yesterday.
    Maybe it's because of the scratches on it, at least I got the new blu ray ripped to my hard drive now
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try a different drive. It sounds like failing hardware to me. The giveaway is you said it aborted at the same position on another disc as well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry for any misunderstandings here.
    I meant that for example Star Wars Episode 1 aborts at number 1111(again, it's just an example of numbers, the real numbers are impossible to remember), but Avatar has number 2222.
    These numbers stay the same, but they are both different from each other.

As I also have mentioned, Star Wars Episode 1 ripped fine yesterday, so that just leaves Avatar
    ripping Star Wars worked using the -sonic command with eac3to.

That is with the Blu Ray drive I had problems with.
    And, I also mentioned that, I don't have another blu ray drive (which is too bad for situations like this).
    Quote Quote