VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1.Can anyone see what is the difference between "Audio 3/4". They are both in English 6 channel, with Ac3.

2. (Does not pertain to pic/illustration).

Is there a noticeable difference between 1920x1080 and 1920 x 800. The difference to me is one file is half the size.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	file.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	34757  

Last edited by Ex Machinas; 9th Dec 2015 at 14:28.
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you grab the right part ?

Both 3 and 4 show the same size = 511 MiB

But A/R has nothing to do with filesize. Only bitrate affects that. The top file has a higher bitrate so will be a larger file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you grab the right part ?

Both 3 and 4 show the same size = 511 MiB
    3/4 are exactly the same with same bitrate. Question being why is there 2 of them, there are 7 Audio Tracks total? The others 5-7 being different lang, and 1-2 being DTS vs True Hd Atmos (that is Audio #2, even though it looks like a 4). First file is 29gb with all audio tracks but lists video as 1920x1800, Second file is 11gb with only needed audio track of Truehd/Atmos, but video is 1920x800 on that one. Have not grabbed any yet. Didnt think I could separate tracks on first file until after I got it.
    Last edited by Ex Machinas; 9th Dec 2015 at 13:45.
    Langley claims I am one of the most intelligent people on the planet, since when do they ever tell the truth.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes they are the same.

The illustration does not reflect your question but the answer is still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Yes they are the same.

The illustration does not reflect your question but the answer is still the same.
    Nor does your answer get me anywhere. I want to know the reason there are 2 of the same audio tracks, the illustration shows you that they are the same. Is it an error? There is a reason for the other 6 different tracks.

I wanted to know if there was a visible difference in 1920x1080 vs 1920x800, the illustration was not supposed to show that, it was just another question. The pic was only relative to the first question.

What language do they speak in the UK?
    Last edited by Ex Machinas; 9th Dec 2015 at 13:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I already answered that.

To repeat. There is NO difference in audio size when one video is 1920*1080 and another is 1920*800.

Only audio bitrate affects audio file size just as only video bitrate affects video file size.

As for your first Q. that was not what you were asking. It could be the way that mediainfo displays the various tracks. Not relevant to your inquiry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ex Machinas View Post
    I wanted to know if there was a visible difference in 1920x1080 vs 1920x800...
    If they're the same movie then yes, one has the black bars and for the other they were cropped away before reencoding.
    I want to know the reason there are 2 of the same audio tracks,
    They might be the same, but I doubt it. They might have been mislabeled and one's a different language or one is a music-only track or a commentary track or any one of a number of things. Who knows; who cares? Why are you asking us to help with your illegal downloads?

Yeah, yeah, "What makes you so sure it's illegal? How dare you accuse me!"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I already answered that.

To repeat. There is NO difference in audio size when one video is 1920*1080 and another is 1920*800.

Only audio bitrate affects audio file size just as only video bitrate affects video file size.

As for your first Q. that was not what you were asking. It could be the way that mediainfo displays the various tracks. Not relevant to your inquiry.
    Now you are telling me what I was asking. KEYWORD = visible. I know the difference between audio and video? Do you see audio? KEYWORD =VISIBLE. Lets try this a third time.

I want to know will I SEE a visual difference in 1920x1080 vs 1920x800 or is it minimal?

MediaInfo is only displaying what was made with the track. 1-7 tracks , 6 of them have a purpose. 1 does not , probably an error.

So ya'll can't read English! When you all speak English, nobody but people from England can understand your English.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Ex Machinas View Post
    I wanted to know if there was a visible difference in 1920x1080 vs 1920x800...
    If they're the same movie then yes, one has the black bars and for the other they were cropped away before reencoding.
    I want to know the reason there are 2 of the same audio tracks,
    They might be the same, but I doubt it. They might have been mislabeled and one's a different language or one is a music-only track or a commentary track or any one of a number of things. Who knows; who cares? Why are you asking us to help with your illegal downloads?

Yeah, yeah, "What makes you so sure it's illegal? How dare you accuse me!"
    MAYBE YOU should change the name of your forum to VIDEOHOLE. Please tell me the purpose of ripping Blu Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  10. If they're the same movie then yes, one has the black bars and for the other they were cropped away before reencoding.
    So MPC can eliminate black bars. Usually has to with any file. Just wanted to see was I missing much?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Ex Machinas View Post
    Please tell me the purpose of ripping Blu Ray.
    Now you're saying you own the one? If so you could just play the audio track and find out, couldn't you? Nice try, though.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Ex Machinas View Post
    Please tell me the purpose of ripping Blu Ray.
    Now you're saying you own the one? If so you could just play the audio track and find out, couldn't you? Nice try, though.
    Again, avoiding the question? Purpose of ripping a blue ray = being a hypocritical pikey wanker. Bye, thanks for your help, you were wonderful. I will remember you next time I am handing out lives. 7
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why would you post a pic displaying facts about audio streams when what you want to know is something regarding video?!!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Why would you post a pic displaying facts about audio streams when what you want to know is something regarding video?!!

Scott
    Are you for real? Does anyone in this forum speak any other language besides binary. They are 2 f'n questions. 1 pic, 1 thread. If you are really bored you can split the questions and post the other one appropriately. First read entire post.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I forgot...LMAO
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFS You post an illustration of audio and expect an answer about video.

Maybe someone with extra-sensory perception can help you. Most on here are human which makes it rather difficult.

Bye.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    FFS You post an illustration of audio and expect an answer about video.

Maybe someone with extra-sensory perception can help you. Most on here are human which makes it rather difficult.

Bye.
    If someone from the UK considers English and 2 separate questions ESP, than that does not surprise me.
    Quote Quote