VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I don't know if this is the correct area to put this question, but here it goes...

I usually save my kid football games and then I use Sony Vegas Pro to edit and publish the highlights of the game.

I use a Panasonic hc-w570 to record the game. I would like to have the time of the game displayed on the video, so I would like to know if someone knows how to save and display the time using this camera. I don't want to put a timeline on the video using Vegas Pro... When I'm editing if I cut between minute 4:30 and minute 5, I want the correct game time to be displayed.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Ricardo
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is far more complicated than it would seem.

Cameras of this type store the time and date as a subtitle stream within the mts or mt2s container.

A relatively simple (but not very flexible) way to make them visible is to reencode your video with Handbrake that can recognize the subtitles and hardcode them into a new file. You can then edit the new file normally in Vegas.

Vegasaur, a third party set of tools also says it has this function. I have not used it personally.

http://vegasaur.com/recorded-date-time-subtitles
    Quote Quote