VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    solved - see post # 6, below.

Are anyone else having this problem ?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/error-2203...b9c3e85?auth=1

I'm installing some software on my new nextbook flexx11 netbook and need to run some imaging software on it to back it up at different stages of the software installation I am installing, but I can't get macrium installed under windows 10.

Is there another way to install macrium ?
    Last edited by vhelp; 1st Dec 2015 at 16:48.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would post in the Macrium forum, more than likely someone there has been through this.

http://forum.macrium.com/Forum7.aspx
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried installing it as an administrator?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was using O&O Diskimage on this netbook, but as it turns out it is a trial version, and is counting down the days before deactivation. Now on day 27 left. So, it was a waist for me installing and using it from day one on this netbook. I made several images and boot up media from it. Oh well. Anyway.

I tried the suggestions in the link i provided in the first post, and they did not help.

The suggestion from the link (below) does not work, since this is a new laptop without a custom or any installation of any kind. It only has a recovery feature, which I won't run again, since it take several times to complete and I just did that the other day. So, technically, its been already done, and this installer still fails.

http://forum.macrium.com/Topic4584.aspx

Have you tried installing it as an administrator?
    Yes, and it still fails.
    Last edited by vhelp; 1st Dec 2015 at 15:27.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Question 1:

Is this the net stub installer or full package.

When running the application there's a check box to log the install on the first screen, use the log to determine the point of failure

Go into your av product and add to exemption list the application (stub or installer package) and the folder (c:\windows\installer) ... might also add the temp folder from user account (temporarily) ... then try again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    solved -

In remembering this thread How to expand temporary space ?How to expand temporary space ? I went and double-checked everything was correct, and it was. But as it turned out, when I initially set my microSD as the temporary location for the folder, it was drive E: but I guess between the time I updated it, (yesterday) and today, it decided to change from D: to E: without warning. Anyway. Once I understood what happened, I went back to the settings and updated them to the E: drive. That seem to have resolved the error 2203 problem I was getting in the macrium's installer. And, it has now installed it completely.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    Quote Quote