VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's my problem:

I have 2 video cards and 3 monitors sharing 1 desktop in Win 10 64bit. I want to add a 3rd video card that will not share that desktop. It will have a 32" HD monitor attached to it to view video full screen as it is being edited as well as digital photos to be viewed full screen prior to being viewed on HD TV's.

My system is older but more than capable of handling the above:

ASUS P5Q-E/WI-FI MOBO, Xeon X5460 @ 4GHz, 16GB DDR2 1066, dual MSI GTX 560 Ti 2GB video cards for the 3 24's plus an older FX Quadro for the 32" screen.

I'm sure that this can be done but for the life of me i'm stuck!

PS, I do not game so there is no SLI/CrossFire in use.

Regards,

Jaybird
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is a separate function/setting WITHIN your editing apps (video or still photo). Has very little to do with how your OS manages your desktop.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Displaylink

It is desktop management ... applications have nothing to do with what screen they are displayed upon except they initiate on the first default system screen until the operator / user decides to transfer that application to a secondary output. Or having a secondary desktop already running engage said application from it rather than the default system screen being desktop 1.
    Last edited by Bjs; 1st Dec 2015 at 16:01.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    ... applications have nothing to do with what screen they are displayed upon except they initiate on the first default system screen until the operator / user decides to transfer that application to a secondary output. Or having a secondary desktop already running engage said application from it rather than the default system screen being desktop 1.
    When it comes to full-blown NLEs like Avid, Premiere, Vegas and Edius you are incorrect. The software has everything to do with the display configuration. Simpler applications rely solely on the system configuration. That's why there's no generic answer. It depends on what software OP is using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if the third monitor is going to do anything useful you most likely want it as an extension of the desktop, then you can drag things from monitor to monitor. not sure how you would be able to use it within widows any other way, there aren't that many options for multiple monitors that windows gives you and not part of the desktop is not one of them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote