VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,
    Had something weird happen with PotPlayer and wanted to see if anyone might be able to explain it and/or help me fix it. I was playing some old tv shows with it and each episode is about an hour long. Normally, PP does a fine job. However, one of the files only showed a 15 minute playing time. I knew it was wrong & I checked the file info to make sure it wasn't changed of altered (669 megs in size). I went down the playlist and found it was doing the same with 2 other files in the same folder out of 7 in the playlist. I tried the same files in VLC, Aurora & WMP and they played like normal with an hour's playtime each.

Any ideas what is up with PotPlayer here?

/Win 7 64-bit Ultimate, Intel CPU & Nvidia card it that helps at all
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Upgraded to latest potplayer? Released today.

You can also post a bug report in https://potplayer.daum.net/forum/
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am using PotPlayer 64-bit, version 1.6.56815 which was released Oct 30th, 2015 so I think it's up to date. Plus when I hit "Check for updates" it says I have the latest version.

I know you had to suggest that. But yes, that was one of the first things I checked.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by vicorp View Post
    I am using PotPlayer 64-bit, version 1.6.56815 which was released Oct 30th, 2015 so I think it's up to date. Plus when I hit "Check for updates" it says I have the latest version.

I know you had to suggest that. But yes, that was one of the first things I checked.
    Today's new stable version is 1.6.57398: https://www.videohelp.com/software/PotPlayer or https://potplayer.daum.net/

Do you download additional codecs at the end of PotPlayer installation? They're quite important, if you don't use external codecs like LAV Filters etc.

What are the video files you want to play and Pot has problems with? What container/format (mp4, mkv, avi, etc), what codecs (use MediaInfo)?

And what filters/codecs/splitters is PotPlayer using during playing the files?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It is Season 13 of Top Gear. Episodes 2,3 & 6 are the ones where PotPlayer only plays 15 minutes of each episode but other players play the full length of the video. The are in .avi format. No, I didn't download extra codecs after installing as far as I remember. Never had this issue before with anything I asked PotPlayer to play and it used to not do this with these files either.

/And I updated using the direct link....still no change in problem
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in the past you played these same files with an older version of pot player?
    Then I would try uninstalling this version and installing the older version
    Quote Quote  
  7. OK, just deleted the newest version & re-installed version 1.6.55593 and it plays they like it is supposed to. I tired a version slightly newer than this and it started having the problem, so I think I will just stick with this one since it work properly.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All software, If I'm not having problems, I don't update unless there is some new feature I want, even them I usually wait until it's been out for awhile, and user reports are favourable
    Quote Quote