VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    ok. i'm new to this site so please help if possible. i have read a few discussions on the topic of converting but i could not really find a answer that suits me. i have a canon dc201 camcorder. how do i convert the camcorders dvd to a dvd that can be played on any dvd player and what setting do i use on the camcorder (do i make the disc vr or video)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by lizzy84 View Post
    ok. i'm new to this site so please help if possible. i have read a few discussions on the topic of converting but i could not really find a answer that suits me. i have a canon dc201 camcorder. how do i convert the camcorders dvd to a dvd that can be played on any dvd player and what setting do i use on the camcorder (do i make the disc vr or video)
    You need to finalize the disk to play it on a standalone player.
    Your camera manual is available here: http://support-ph.canon-asia.com/contents/PH/EN/0900055901.html
    pg. 58
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    i did finalize the disc but i want to transfer it to a dvd-r so it can be watched on any dvd player...and i want to make multiple copies for the family.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's just a normal DVD rip at that point. Copy the video_ts folder to your computer and then burn it to a DVD-R using imgburn or your preferred software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    the folder contains IFO and VRO files...will it still work? Sorry but i am dumb with these kind of stuff
    Quote Quote  
  6. imgburn will create the necessary files on the DVD if you follow smrpix's advice.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote