VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Usually when I ask on other forums, it simply turns into an argument between others...Basically, I run about 110+ mbps wired but only about 40ish off my router which is a Linksys E900...Nothing special and fine for general stuff but I feel I've been lagging and giving up 50+ mbps. Any suggestions for general use with 5 or so units in the house? $100-150 range tops?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More involved than just the router. It largely comes down to the devices themselves (and what frequencies they support) and signal strength. If the router is in some location where none of the devices are getting a good signal, you will of course limit your speed. In which case, simply changing the router may not make any difference.

Having said that, I'm on my second DLink: D-Link Xtreme Gigabit Router (DIR-655)
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used Netgear Routers for many years,none have ever failed and i keep mine on 24/7. I now have the Nighthawk 1900, there is a new one but the older one can handle everything i have online. Many computers and many tablets and iPads. when it's really outdated i will get the newest Netgear Routher.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Continuing along a similar line of Krispy Kritter's - with these newer super routers, in order to get those super speeds they boast, you need a compatible WiFi adapter. The thru-put is still better than a typical E900 can get, but keep that in mind if you want those exceptional speeds.
    Quote Quote