VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    According to the installation notes, below. . .

Installer Requires Additional Temporary Space
    If the drive containing the folder specified in your TEMP environment variable is low on space, the installer might halt with an error message noting the shortage. If this occurs, assign your TEMP variable to a folder on a drive with more disk space, then re-run the installation.
    So, if both methods are not the same, then how do I do this for windows 8.1 and 10 ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. From the System Properties dialog select the Advanced tab, then the Environment Variables button:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	142
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	34661
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only time I've seen this type of error, the HDD didn't have enough free space. In which case, it won't matter how Windows is configured.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can assign the TEMP folder to another drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can assign the TEMP folder to another drive.
    Exactly. According to that snippet I posted, I should be able to divert the temp to an external drive. Then my software will install completely. However, in trying this method out, I just found out that my license is limited to 3 registered computers, which suck. But the message I received about this said that I could request a registration limit increase. So this latest issue has stopped me from continuing the installation. I have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.

Then, I wanted to try this TEMP thing out on my 32GB Asus Transformer laptop. But, the battery is dead and I have to wait until it charges. 4 hours is the minimum for it to allow charging while using. I tried testing it out now, and it is at 12% but is not showing the charging (the plug on the side of the battery in the the system tray, and I saw it drop down to 11%, so its not a good idea to try with the Asus until it is fully charged. Oh well. Its been a busy long weekend for me, and I need a break anyway.

Thanks for the answer, and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I will post the results of success or failure, tomorrow.
    Quote Quote