VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I bought some DVDs for my kids. I watched them and discovered some inappropriate content I'm not going to allow them to see. I'm pretty good at editing, but I want to preserve the original DVD menu too so they won't know they've been edited. The DVD set is a gift you see, so I don't want it getting spoiled for them feeling that their present has been "messed with" or " Not new".
    Does any know How I'd go about doing this. Either by editing and putting the media back on the original DVD or putting it on new DVDs. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    The only people that benefit from censorship are the ones doing the censorship.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ThumbsDown650.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	34648  

Quote Quote  
  3. Rip to HDD. Extract with MakeMKV. Do your editing. Make a fake DVD. Replace on original with Vobblanker.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by robertme1234 View Post
    Either by editing and putting the media back on the original DVD...
    Surely you jest.

If just removing parts, VobBlanker can do that itself (and keep working menus):

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

And when all done and the new DVD checks out, burn it to a fresh DVDR using ImgBurn. There's a good chance, of course, that you'll need DVD-9s for this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you give the kids burned discs they will know they have been messed with.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Plus, their friends would have already told them about the good/dirty parts. Rather than trying to swim upstream, respect your kids' own ability to discern quality/appropriateness and/or use this as a teaching moment (if you plan on watching it together with them, which is a good idea anyway). If it's TRULY inappropriate, why are you agreeing to show the disc to them at all?

Scott
    Quote Quote