VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I am making a montage in After Effects, and I need to sync things up with audio. I preview out the audio, and when it plays, I hit the * button to add a marker. However, when I hit the button, it stops the preview for a few seconds (like it lags, not like AE recognizes it as stopping the audio) and then keeps playing. This is really hard for me to sync things up. Is there any way to fix this, because when I mark a spot and it stops playing for a few seconds I miss a lot of time in the audio that I still need to sync. Thank you.

My computer specs shouldn't be the cause, I have about 10 gigs of RAM being used by After Effects and my processor shouldn't be slowing anything down, usually rips through applications like this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Edit: I notice the preview always restarts at the spot that I add the marker to.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it happen with all your video/audio sources?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. I try adding a marker, and it restarts the preview wherever the marker was placed, and then continues. When I do this in After Effects CS6, it does not do this, it just keeps playing and can add markers normal. (Problem in CS6 is when I add markers there, it is delayed by a few seconds, but that is most likely just part of the program) So why does this happen in CC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This would be a good question to ask in the AE forums, no?
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote