VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two .vob files and I want to change the main audio stream. I've used Avidemux to extract the audio and have remastered it in Audacity. Now I want to apply the new audio stream to the existing video without re-encoding the video and then be able to burn it to a dvd. What's the easiest way to do this using free tools?

Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Demux, then Re-author.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Demux, then Re-author.

Scott
    How do I do that? Are there any guides you could point me in the direction of? Sorry to be a nuisance.

I tried using Avidemux before but when I checked the video with Gspot the bitrate was different. Here's what I did - I changed the main stream to my remastered one and selected 'copy' for the video and 'ac3 aften' then saved as .TS - but when I opened it with Gspot it said the video bitrate had changed...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so watch it and is whether ther really is a visible difference, or if its only some minor technical difference induced by the remuxing
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dave_van_damme View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Demux, then Re-author.

Scott
    How do I do that? Are there any guides you could point me in the direction of? Sorry to be a nuisance.

I tried using Avidemux before but when I checked the video with Gspot the bitrate was different. Here's what I did - I changed the main stream to my remastered one and selected 'copy' for the video and 'ac3 aften' then saved as .TS - but when I opened it with Gspot it said the video bitrate had changed...
    If you use COPY for the video, and then MPEG-PS, the video bitrate will not change. The output should be something like new file.mpg
    Quote Quote  
  6. 1. Demux. One way is to open both VOBs together in DGIndex followed by File->Save Project and Demux Video.

2. Reauthor for DVD. Muxman. Open the M2V you got from DGIndex and the audio you made and author. I'll assume you made DVD-compliant audio. If not it'll be rejected by Muxman. If the combined bitrate is too high the muxing won't complete.

Neither of the programs mentioned is even capable of reencoding.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    1. Demux. One way is to open both VOBs together in DGIndex followed by File->Save Project and Demux Video.

2. Reauthor for DVD. Muxman. Open the M2V you got from DGIndex and the audio you made and author. I'll assume you made DVD-compliant audio. If not it'll be rejected by Muxman. If the combined bitrate is too high the muxing won't complete.

Neither of the programs mentioned is even capable of reencoding.
    Great! Managed to get it to work. Avidemux was playing up but this method worked. Thanks a million!
    Quote Quote