VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have bought a EasyCap and when connecting to my Windows 10 64bit computer all worked fine with the default driver that came with the original installation cd.

But now I need it to work on my server that is running “Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit” but after multiple attempts i’m unable to put it working.
    The device is always recognized as “usbtv007” and when trying to install other drivers it always says that is already has the latest driver installed.

When looking to the device managed, the hardware id of my EasyCap is:

USB\VID_1B71&PID_3002&REV_0100
    USB\VID_1B71&PID_3002
    ---

So my question here on this forum is to ask if anyone has successfully made EasyCap to work on Windows Server 2012 R2?
    Also if someone can help me resolve my problem, it would be great!

Thanks
    Last edited by nqservices; 16th Nov 2015 at 18:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only drivers that work with that hardware are those on the disc. If it's not working with that OS, it's likely not supported. I don't recall specifics on how Windows Server OS's are different, but it's not surprising that it's not working. They don't work properly will all supported OS's, much less a server OS.

If you "need" it to work, I'd suggest buying a real capture device.

Sorry I can't offer any real assistance.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post

Hi,

Can you advise me on a "real capture device" because i'm willing to buy a new one.

Also it would be great (not mandatory) if can be used in Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by nqservices View Post
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post

Hi,

Can you advise me on a "real capture device" because i'm willing to buy a new one.

Also it would be great (not mandatory) if can be used in Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks
    I had little luck finding anything that claims to work with any version of Windows Server. I looked at some relatively inexpensive USB stick type consumer products with good manufacturer support (Hauppauge 610 USB-Live2, Startech SVID2USB2, Startech SVID2USB23, EZCAP.TV 116) but they did not list any version of Windows Server as supported.

Osprey, which makes professional capture products, appears to have have some PCI-e analog capture cards with drivers for Windows Server 2012, but there was no mention of Windows Server 2012 R2 on the driver download webpage: http://www.ospreyvideo.com/index.php/downloads/drivers
    Quote Quote