VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

DTS, VC1, and TrueHD are not supported by TMPG VMW5 or 6. I created the script below and it appears to load the file:
    DirectShowSource("G:\examplemovie.mkv", FPS=23.976, ConvertFPS=True)

Some titles convert properly, but I noticed that on others the video becomes choppy in certain points of the film. Is my script incorrect for a 1080p film?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Why are you using DirectShowSource on mkv files?
    Why are you changing the frame rate? Is your source mkv a film-based progressive video that already runs at 23.976? Did you try playing that script in other apps to see if your script works correctly?
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Why are you using DirectShowSource on mkv files?
    Why are you changing the frame rate? Is your source mkv a film-based progressive video that already runs at 23.976? Did you try playing that script in other apps to see if your script works correctly?
    Frame rate is the same, it was losing sync for reasons unknown but when I used convertfps it stopped the sync issues. MKV is made from MakeMKV.

I have not tried the script in other software - I am not very Avisynth savvy, but I am happy with the VMW6 encoder and would like to use it if possible. If there are alternatives that will result in similar quality with similar effort, I am definitely interested.
    Quote Quote