VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

About 8 years ago I converted my VHS to digital via a dual Pansaonic DVD/VHS player. At the time I would have tested the digital DVD and then copied to my computer. I am not sure if I did any testing on the computer at the time. I recently acquired Pinnacle and eventually decided to do some editing but have come up against a brick wall.

The typical directory set up of the files I copied across from the DVD comprises a number of Video_TS and VTS files (a few directories have VOS files). However, they are appearing as zipped (RAR) files but can't be unzipped. When I tried to use Pinnacle to import them there are no files showing that I can import.

I am assuming that there is some algorithm at work or some proprietary software.

I would appreciate any advice on how I can access the files. The thought of trying to replicate the months of work that I put in the original project, however badly conceived, is a very tiring one indeed.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The files are still in DVD Video format. The VIDEO_TS folder is the video folder for a DVD Video disc. Does Pinnacle support DVD as an input format?

reference here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/245620-vts-files-to-burn-a-DVD and here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/266531-Possible-to-play-VTS-folder-on-PC-as-if-it-w...-an-actual-dvd
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your response.

I copied them off the re-recordable DVD so that makes sense. I have tried the open and import functions in Pinnacle without success.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You might want to try using the old DVD Decrypter in IFO mode to read off your re-writable DVDs and copy to your hard drive. It's so long since I used my old Liteon DVD Recorder to record from the Sky TV receiver that I can't remember what the process was now but I think I used DVD Decrypter as the first step to getting the recording onto the PC. Let us know how you get on. Good Luck.
    Quote Quote