VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI so i use megui pretty much to encode all my HD Videos

now megui does not have the option for encoding DTS TO AC3 only has AAC

so is there a good software that can encode DTS to AC3 5.1 (With very little quality loss)

I want GUI no command line tool plz

and i am also experimenting with lowering the bitrate of dts xxxx to dts xxxx (xxxx being the bitrate)

Thankx U All
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Popcorn Audio Converter for MKV files
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by imhh1 View Post
    thank u so much for the gui version its amazing

has it been updated lately though??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes eac3to have been updated on November 01, 2015
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by anime12345 View Post
    HI so i use megui pretty much to encode all my HD Videos

now megui does not have the option for encoding DTS TO AC3 only has AAC
    Yes it does. It used AFTEN for AC3 encoding but that was replaced with ffmpeg somewhat recently, although I believe AFTEN was integrated into ffmpeg so it's still the same encoder. Look for "ffmpeg AC-3" in the drop down list of audio encoders.

Nothing wrong with using eac3to or a GUI for it of course, but from memory eac3to also uses AFTEN to do the AC3 encoding, and MeGUI also includes a GUI for eac3to in the form of the HD Streams Extractor under the Tools menu. It's designed to extract streams from vob files, transport streams and MKVs etc, so while it won't open a DTS file directly it'll extract it from a supported container and convert to AC3 at the same time.

VideoHelp doesn't seem to be hosting it, but there's another eac3toGUI here:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_audio/eac3to_conversion_utility.cfm
    It's designed purely for audio conversion.
    Quote Quote