VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I usually encode all my vidoes to .mp4 using vfw H264, but i Would like to start making .mkvs. I know there are probalby easier programs, but I like my scripts that I am using for my .mp4 and would like to continue using Vdub.Right now I encode, extract .h264 from the .avi and remux to get my .mp4..... Is it possible to encode my .mkv via .avs script with the final output to .mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not sure why you're married to VDub. You can also use a number of encoders that accept AviSynth scripts as input. I use RipBot264 but there are others.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    married to Vdub, cause I am familiar with it. I have my filters set on there and know how to change brightness/contrast/sharpness and add hard coded subtitles... etc... I can't seem to nail that down in Ripbot
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by skylinekiller View Post
    I can't seem to nail that down in Ripbot
    I do none of that in RipBot264. All filtering is done in the scripts I open in RipBot. You're actually using Full Processing in VDub together with VDub filters? You don't know how to do the simple things you mentioned using AviSynth filters? The Tweak filter does two of the things you mentioned. AviSynth has a number of sharpening filters and I use LimitedSharpenFaster. Hard-coding subs is a breeze when using the VSFilter.

The way you're doing it slows the encoding and because you're forcing color space changes, if for no other reason, the results are inferior. Sorry to be critical but I wasn't expecting that reason for wanting to use VDub for making MKVs. Not when you're already using AviSynth scripts. None of my business, I suppose. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
    Quote Quote