VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some video files where I want to keep a certain part of video with its audio. But replace opening text with blank video. But keep the audio & video in place. Everything matches resolution, audio etc. I just want to replace beginning & ending video with blank video keeping the audio with reconverting
    Quote Quote  
  2. In earlier posts you say you have Adobe Premiere. That should do it easily.
    Quote Quote  
  3. But that does not accept mp4. I want Direct Stream Copy editing. No conversion which is needed for Adobe Premiere & 6.0 does not do Direct Stream Copy & the new versions really suck ass
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt you will find any simple to solution to avoid reconverting. Maybe if you find a super editor software that supports smart rendering(no reconversion for the video parts you keep) for your exact mp4 source.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You may be able to use something like AviDemux.
    Convert your original audio to PCM wav
    Make your video changes in AviDemux keeping audio and video married.
    Export video in copy mode. (This is of course dependent on your video files actually matching.)
    Export your edited Audio as PCM wav

Bring your original audio and edited audio into your ancient 2001 edition of Premiere and see if they still match -- if not make adjustments so they do.
    Output the final audio from Premiere as PCM wav

Mux the new video and final audio with ffmpeg, converting only the audio to (most likely) AAC.

(BTW, current versions of Premiere have matured to be stable, professional reliable tools. I'm betting it's the licensing scheme you don't like.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TheRandomOne View Post
    But that does not accept mp4.
    I have no problem with H.264/AAC in an MP4.
    Quote Quote