VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a used Canopus ADVC 110 and want to capture video from it on a PC running Windows 10. What's the best free software that would work for this?
    Last edited by Studly; 4th Nov 2015 at 09:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Anything software that captures DV video should work. WinDV is a good one. The bigger issue is making sure you have win10 compatible drivers for your firewire card.

Canopus ADVC110 doesn't do screen capture though -- so your thread title and your question don't match.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Anything software that captures DV video should work. WinDV is a good one. The bigger issue is making sure you have win10 compatible drivers for your firewire card.

Canopus ADVC110 doesn't do screen capture though -- so your thread title and your question don't match.
    Yeah, in the title I meant to say "video capture" not "screen capture," but I couldn't figure out a way to revise the title after I posted it. Seems I can only edit the message and not the title.

Thanks for the tips! My new firewire card seems to be working fine with my PC and Win10. But I'll have to check to make sure it's using the latest drivers.

I see WinDV is an old program. Has anyone used WinDV with Windows 10? Does it work fine?
    Last edited by Studly; 4th Nov 2015 at 08:39.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Studly View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah, in the title I meant to say "video capture" not "screen capture," but I couldn't figure out a way to revise the title to change it. Seems I can only edit the message and not the title.
    Click on the Edit button at the bottom of the initial post and then click the "Go Advanced" button. The title should be editable in the advanced view.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Studly View Post
    I see WinDV is an old program. Has anyone used WinDV with Windows 10? Does it work fine?
    I have as a test (though I ended up doing my actual captures with Avid Media Composer because they were re-captures.) FWIW I had no configuration issues at all on a Dell laptop.

DV technology has not changed since WinDV was last updated, so don't worry about its age.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Studly View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Yeah, in the title I meant to say "video capture" not "screen capture," but I couldn't figure out a way to revise the title to change it. Seems I can only edit the message and not the title.
    Click on the Edit button at the bottom of the initial post and then click the "Go Advanced" button. The title should be editable in the advanced view.
    Thanks ... I fixed the title.
    Quote Quote