VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I could use a bit of advice about this problem of audio/video sync playing back MP4 files joined with VideoReDo TV Suite V5. I can capture HD via HDMI to the following format (no choice):

File: Name : E:\Encode_16_3.mp4
    Size : 2.101 GB
    Duration : 00:17:53.49
    Mux type : MP4
    Video: Encoding : H.264
    VideoStreamID : x202
    Frame rate : 50.00 fps
    Encoding size : 1280 x 720
    Aspect ratio : 16:9
    Header bit rate : 0.000 Mbps
    VBV buffer : 0 KBytes
    Profile : Baseline/3.1
    Progressive : Progressive
    Chroma : 4:2:0
    Entropy mode : CAVLC
    Bit rate : 15.035 Mbps
    Audio Stream: 1 (Primary) Codec : AAC
    Format : RAW
    Channels : 2.0
    Language : eng
    PID : x201
    PES Stream Id : xC0
    Sampling rate : 48000

The device writes 2 GB files to fat32 so each file is ca 15-17 min. If I edit and join using VRD the resulting file plays without issue on my computer and has perfect sync. However, if I try to play it though a USB input on a Philips Blu-ray machine the sync becomes quite horrible after the first 15 min or so. My guess is that the ability of the Blu-ray player to read the video is much slower than it can read the audio (the audio becomes progressively earlier).

1. Does this media player suffer in comparison to others? IOW, should I upgrade and would that make any difference?
    2. Should I convert the VRD output to a format less intensive to read? I don't mind the file size and don't look forward to the time it takes to convert or the possible loss in quality, but I should consider if that is the best solution.
    3. Write the files to a Blu-ray disc? The files are close to compliant though I have not been able to figure out why they are not immediately compliant with Sony DVD (Blu-ray) Architect. At the moment the conversion is painfully slow. If I write a Blu-ray disc with these files the same machine plays back the disc with perfect sync.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. Likely hardware related. ie: the player can't read or process the data fast enough. All players are different as they use different hardware, so some are better than others.

2. Conversion is always option. It boils down to personal preference.

3. Depends on if the files are being written as data, or converted to Blu-ray spec. As you mention "the conversion is painfully slow", I will assume they are being converted to a Blu-ray spec. Same applies here as in item 2.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote