VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    my PC and smart TV are connected via LAN. I can use windows 10's Movies&TV player to stream a movie from PC to TV. Since my TV's browser is weak, I usually watch online TV channels in PC and by chrome. I guess it should be a way to redirect that stream to TV just like a movie. Can anyone help me on this? I did a lot of search, but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hamze60 View Post
    Hi,
    my PC and smart TV are connected via LAN. I can use windows 10's Movies&TV player to stream a movie from PC to TV. Since my TV's browser is weak, I usually watch online TV channels in PC and by chrome. I guess it should be a way to redirect that stream to TV just like a movie. Can anyone help me on this? I did a lot of search, but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks
    You may be able to use Serviio for some free (and legal) websites: http://advancedhomeserver.com/serviio/

...but according to that article there is no access to paid websites. You would need to use smart TV apps or hardware streaming media players (Roku, Chromecast, etc.) for those.

Note that if a websites that you want to access is a warez site, then discussing how to stream video from it would be in violation of this forum's rules.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Get the cheap chromecast 2 and you can stream most stuff directly from your computer, android and ios-devices.

I use one to watch HBO series.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Chromcast?
    Chromecast. I can't proofread my own writing. Nice to know I'm not alone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Chromcast?
    Chromecast. I can't proofread my own writing. Nice to know I'm not alone.
    LOL. Especially when the spell checker flags both.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks
    You may be able to use Serviio for some free (and legal) websites: http://advancedhomeserver.com/serviio/

...but according to that article there is no access to paid websites. You would need to use smart TV apps or hardware streaming media players (Roku, Chromecast, etc.) for those.

Note that if a websites that you want to access is a warez site, then discussing how to stream video from it would be in violation of this forum's rules.
    Thanks, I didn't know about DLNA server. now I installed it. It works and I can view Movies from PC by my smart TV. but what I need is something that can redirect a site like this (this is completely free channel, both on satelite and internet) : http://www.iranproud.com/livetv/ONYX
    When I click on online video channel, it seems to be a flash file? I can watch it on smartTV web browser, but its browser is slow and hangs frequently. Then I decided to redirect it from PC's browser.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks

Thanks, I didn't know about DLNA server. now I installed it. It works and I can view Movies from PC by my smart TV. but what I need is something that can redirect a site like this (this is completely free channel, both on satelite and internet) : http://www.iranproud.com/livetv/ONYX
    When I click on online video channel, it seems to be a flash file? I can watch it on smartTV web browser, but its browser is slow and hangs frequently. Then I decided to redirect it from PC's browser.
    Note that I don't use Serviio. I have a home theater PC connected to my non-smart TV via HDMI. I knew Serviio existed because other VideoHelp members have written about it and found the article at advancedhomeserver.com, which describes how to stream video from websites.

The article at advancedhomeserver.com says Serviio supports streaming video from websites using plugins written in the Groovy programming language. The plugins are not included in the Serviio download. The plugins have to be download and installed after installing Serviio, or written by the user.

Each website requires a different plugin. I couldn't find one for the website you want to access. If you know how to find URLs for downloading streaming video from websites and you are good at programming you might be able to modify an existing plugin for another website and use it for a website that you want to watch. I do realize that for many people this won't be helpful advice.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Note that I don't use Serviio. I have a home theater PC connected to my non-smart TV via HDMI. I knew Serviio existed because other VideoHelp members have written about it and found the article at advancedhomeserver.com, which describes how to stream video from websites.

The article at advancedhomeserver.com says Serviio supports streaming video from websites using plugins written in the Groovy programming language. The plugins are not included in the Serviio download. The plugins have to be download and installed after installing Serviio, or written by the user.

Each website requires a different plugin. I couldn't find one for the website you want to access. If you know how to find URLs for downloading streaming video from websites and you are good at programming you might be able to modify an existing plugin for another website and use it for a website that you want to watch. I do realize that for many people this won't be helpful advice.
    Thanks I will try it. I guess in worst case there should be some software that put whole of a PC desktop as stream on DLNA server
    Quote Quote