VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have been using Audcity ver 1,3,13 beta (unicode) to create and edit MP3 for sometime now, but very recently I had an issue with a severely out of sync video and audio. To follow Bladrick's advice on how to fix without reencoding using MPC & Muxman, I realsed I needed to convert my MP3 to an Ac3 file. I had already installed Lame MP3 Library codecs for audacity via Edit - Preferences - Libraries and realising I now needed FFmpeg for Audacity. I downloaded the right one for my version of FFmpeg from a reliable source (surgeforce) and installed it. Audacity accepted it, but now will not recognise the presence of Lame MP3 Library no matter how many times I try to direct the programe to the right file using 'Locate'. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lame, to no effect. Am I just being dumb - can anyoe clarify, does FFmeg Libarry effectiveky replace Lame Mp3?

Bahjan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Isn't 1.3.13 a fairly ancient version? Even the latest Audacity is particular about the LAME/FFMPEG version you use. I don't think it'll acknowledge the latest LAME, you need to use 3.99.3, and it kept complaining about using old versions of ffmeg even when I tried newer versions than 2.22. I couldn't get it to accept anything newer.

According to the info here you need ffmpeg 0.6.2 for the older Audacity, so maybe try it if you're using something different. I don't know why it'd effect the ability to use LAME but maybe it does.

By the way, for basic MP3 editing (cutting, copying and adjusting volume) you can do it with MP3DirectCut without re-encoding. Are you aiming for DVD video compliant files, hence the reason for converting to AC3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes it is an old version ; but I use an old XP (never net connected ) to do my editing. I am of the 'if-it-a'int-broke-don't-fix-it' brigade in that on occasion I have found updates less stable than older versions (sometimes with bundleware attached).
    I've no idea why Audcity doesn't see the .dll file it needs for Lame MP3 - it was seeing it fine before I installed FFmeg. Maybe I'll uninstall FFmeg and see what happens then. Thanks for the tip about Mp3Direct Cut - I didn't spot it eariler, but I need something that will allow me to set an audio delay to sync up my audio and video files- Muxman only accepts ac3 as far as I know.
    Last edited by bahjan; 24th Oct 2015 at 06:05.
    Quote Quote