VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    What alternatives do you suggest to Windows Media Center? I have an avermedia A350, on a Sony Vaio all in one... Microsoft has stripped me of Windows Media Center which would allow me to record on Channel 3 (ATSC), I need another program that I can just set up and use... everything I have tried so far requires me to set up servers, and know frequencies... I don't have that info... no other but WMC works...

I have Tried Kodi, VLC and a few others but can't get any response from the card as I do not know technical settings... Windows Media Center finds it fine on channel 3... Which is all I need, I tune with my Cable box

I want to simply DVR stuff from my cable box using my PC on channnel 3, and maybe be able to pick a start and end time... HELP LOL
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Smioreun View Post
    What alternatives do you suggest to Windows Media Center? I have an avermedia A350, on a Sony Vaio all in one... Microsoft has stripped me of Windows Media Center which would allow me to record on Channel 3 (ATSC), I need another program that I can just set up and use... everything I have tried so far requires me to set up servers, and know frequencies... I don't have that info... no other but WMC works...

I have Tried Kodi, VLC and a few others but can't get any response from the card as I do not know technical settings... Windows Media Center finds it fine on channel 3... Which is all I need, I tune with my Cable box

I want to simply DVR stuff from my cable box using my PC on channnel 3, and maybe be able to pick a start and end time... HELP LOL
    If you are using a cable box's RF out for recording, channel 3 is NTSC (analog). You need third-party PVR software that can tune analog signals, which is not easy to find in 2015. Maybe ChrisTV PVR, ChrisTV PVR Pro, or JRiver Media Center would work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    check avermedia europe [or avermedia usa but software its different] they have a software very similar to wintv of hauppauge, i try it and at least composite and ntsc tv works [not digitall part atsc]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by godai View Post
    check avermedia europe [or avermedia usa but software its different] they have a software very similar to wintv of hauppauge, i try it and at least composite and ntsc tv works [not digitall part atsc]
    I know AVerMedia blacklisted the OEM versions of some tuner cards so that they won't work with AVer MediaCenter. (I used to have one.) If AVer MediaCenter doesn't recognize the OP's TV tuner, that could be a reason.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    yeah you right,

i dont know if that rule apply for europe version too

http://avertv.avermedia.com/AVerMediaTVSoftware/AVerTV3D_01.html

for me its better that avermediacenter but lack when you use for digital.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote