VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I forgot to ask something else, its kinda related to this. If i want to use my tv as my monitor do i need and s-video to s-video lead? There is an s-video socket on my video card and one on my tv. I want to do this so I can run some real media files in full screen and watch them on my tv. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have a 750mhz amd and a dxr3 card and this program works well for me. The only problem is that after you finish playing the clip all other programs seem to really slow down like the program is running in the backgroud. I reboot and everything then is fine. Anybody else with that problem ???

DVDMASTER
    Quote Quote  
  3. WELL L_R...

I tried that, and it works some times for me... THNX!

BTW if u do that and change some/all preferences like PAL/NTSC, Invert and FullScreen, u gotta do that IN BOTH PLAYERS. Otherwise it´ll be screwed up.

Thnx for the tip

______
    Maguzz
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks man now it works

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 01:17:40, L_R wrote:
    The way to see AVI on the TV who early see only black scren:
    1. Start DivxPlus player and select AVI file.
    2. Push the PLAY button. You have nothing on the TV(black or some haotic line).
    3. Push the PAUSE button.
    4. Start second copy of DivxPlus player(do not close first copy player!) and select AVI.
    5. Push the PLAY button. Viola, you have picture on the TV.
    For my TV all AVI(DiVx) films divade(horizontal) on 2 not equal part. Right 1/3 part of films situated on left part of screen and 2/3 remaining part offset to right.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>
    Quote Quote  
  5. how do you get to the options?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't see whats the big deal, if the H+ isn't accelerating the video what makes it better or different then a normal video card with TV-out?
    Quote Quote  
  7. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-05 05:10:21, taco wrote:
    I don't see whats the big deal, if the H+ isn't accelerating the video what makes it better or different then a normal video card with TV-out?

I was thinking the same thing but thought maybe I was missing something. If I want to view divx on my TV I simply use the video out from my video card. All works well.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Convienence and the quality is better. Add the Radio Shack 2.4 ghz wireless unit and you have a setup that will play to any tv in your house without screwing with wires.

Additionally, you tv out card sucks. Do you really expect people that have real video cards, but don't come with tv out, to downgrade their cards for that feature? Maybe your video card does all you need, that's cool. Many of us do real work on computers that require specialized video cards, that are very expensive. There are other reasons, but if you have what you need already, then more power to ya. I hope this helped.

PS. Please don't overlook the quality statment. I have seen the abilities of just about every tv out card, they don't compare to H+'s tv out. Hardware decoding or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: legman on 2001-08-05 10:25:11 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  9. On a side note,
    This applications works very well for me, so I can't test the solutions posted.

If you are having trouble getting it to work, try opening the application graphedit.

The divxplus installer installs a direct show filter called "Hplus YUV video render"

Start the hollywood +
    load an mpeg and set it for tv out, then close it.

Load you divx movie in graphedit (show all files under file open)
    edit, disconnect all
    graph, turn off connect intelligent
    view, turn off auto arrange
    click on the video render and hit the delete key on your keyboard
    graph, insert filters
    under direct show filters you will see Hplus YUV video render
    double click on that and it will insert it into the screen.
    drag your left mouse button from one flter to another to reconnect them as they were before, just use the hplus yuv video rneder to replace the standard video render that you deleted.
    Hit play, there may be a pause for a few seconds. If you hear sound, check the tv.

Please let us know if this works for you if the application did not work before.

On another note:
    Someone else posted that you can pause the the player, the load it a second time, but there were some issues with it not being displayed correctly and he did not explain how to fix that. He said something about options and 1/2. I don't get it. If you understand how to get that to work, please post the answer.

I have the revision "B" chipset, but have seen posts where revision "A" was working, and I am running divx3.11 alpha. If you have divx4 or anyother divx codec installed, remove them from your system until you have it working. If you find that it works, then please reinstall those codec and post the answers as whether or not they cause conflicts with the filter.

Thanks. I will copy your comments here to the newsgroup for the developer to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: legman on 2001-08-05 10:59:22 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  10. HOW CAN I LET IT WORK WITH WIN-XP???
    WIN-Millenium WORKS FINE.....
    Quote Quote  
  11. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-02 14:53:59, vladik_17 wrote:
    Hi guys!
    Look, I've got amd thunderbird 1100mhz, 256mb, h+, sb-live! 5.1, and I can't use this program! What's wrong, when I start it, all I see is 2 buttons - "play"&"pause", when I click on one of them, I receive this "funny" message:
    "DIVXPLUS caused an invalid page fault in
    module DIVXPLUS.EXE at 015f:00401b46."
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Digitally Yours,
    Vladik

I have same problem! What OS do you have Vladik? What what is the revision number of your H+?

Info about my computer:
    AMD k6-2 450@450
    Epox motherboard
    192 RAM
    SB Live!
    Win98 SE
    Hollywood+ (Rev. A4)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Vladik please tell your revision code. You can check it from the non-component-side of your H+.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Does anyone know the differences between revA & revB h+ cards?

And don't tell me the only difference is that with revA it's impossible to watch DivX movies through h+.
    Quote Quote  
  14. My results are mixed - it will play some clips just fine (DivX or MOV) while others either won't play or produce GPF.

The ability to play any AVI or MPEG1/2 would be a bonus.

Da Kitty

Dxr3/P3/733/256M
    Quote Quote  
  15. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-04 09:22:40, PC_MaN83 wrote:
    how do you get to the options?

Right click?

Mag
    Quote Quote  
  16. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-03 01:17:40, L_R wrote:

For my TV all AVI(DiVx) films divade(horizontal) on 2 not equal part. Right 1/3 part of films situated on left part of screen and 2/3 remaining part offset to right.

Yeah I´ve seen that to, but I do not know how to come around it, I just tries some more times and it works sooner or l8er... Going to check that out.
    Quote Quote  
  17. how can i unstall this program?
    my dvd station don't work anymore
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I share the same problem with Arzi and Vladik.

When I open that divxplus player I can see only these two buttons 'play' and 'pause'. When I press one of them software crashes. There's no options when pressing the right mouse button etc.

Can I get this working or what?

I have installed divx v3.11a drivers on my system:
    - Win 98 SE
    - Thunderbird 900MHz
    - ABIT KT7A motherboard
    - 128MB 133MHZ DRAM
    - Hollywood+ Revision unknown (I haven't checked)

Previously I had those new divx drivers 4.0 beta 3 (or something like that). Is this THE problem?

BR,
    EpiMann
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    laostiger: read the included .txt file and then just install the realmagic drivers and dvdstations again.
    Quote Quote  
  20. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-07 01:36:08, EpiMann wrote:
    I share the same problem with Arzi and Vladik.

When I open that divxplus player I can see only these two buttons 'play' and 'pause'. When I press one of them software crashes. There's no options when pressing the right mouse button etc.

Can I get this working or what?

I have installed divx v3.11a drivers on my system:
    - Win 98 SE
    - Thunderbird 900MHz
    - ABIT KT7A motherboard
    - 128MB 133MHZ DRAM
    - Hollywood+ Revision unknown (I haven't checked)

Previously I had those new divx drivers 4.0 beta 3 (or something like that). Is this THE problem?

BR,
    EpiMann

I think the key thing here is that revision-thing. Please check it, so we can be sure.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I've a 9917 Rev "B" chipset and still have the
    same problem some of You are experiencing.

The pause and play solution works sometime but very seldom,
    often does the screen is blank, with white/colored lines or
    the output is divided as some of You pointed out.

Also tried the tip from legman with graphedit but then I
    got only sound and no output on my TV.

I work with W98. Had the Divx 4 Beta and installed the
    3.11a over it. Maybe there's some trace of Divx 4 left.
    If so, what should I remove to get rid of it?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, I have a question about DVDStation 8300. I tried to play dr.do-liitle 2 cd 1 with it but it wont play, however it works fine in WMP. The second disc works fine in DVDStation and WMP. However I have noticed that the picture is very small on the first disc in WMP, maybe thats why DVDStation won't play it? Please help me some-one, Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  23. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-08 09:35:55, dcguy wrote:
    Hey, I have a question about DVDStation 8300. I tried to play dr.do-liitle 2 cd 1 with it but it wont play, however it works fine in WMP. The second disc works fine in DVDStation and WMP. However I have noticed that the picture is very small on the first disc in WMP, maybe thats why DVDStation won't play it? Please help me some-one, Thanks

Try with newest H+ drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I´ve now tried several setups but only succeded in getting DIVXPLUS to run when the 3.11 codec is installed.

But all avi´s I tried until only shows up as garbage on my TV.

I have instead tried to solution mentioned by "legman" earlier on where he suggests using the graphedit tool. With that I get the picture to my tv (only works with 3.11 codec). The quality could be better and it stutters a little when playing (I´ve got a p3 800) but its viewable.

Does anyone know if there are any settings in graphedit that can be tweaked so that the performance gets better and the stuttering stops ?

Regards
    Ransdam
    Quote Quote  
  25. Have you solve the problem with blank screen and sound yet? I got the same problem here. Have formatted the harddrive and re-installed Win2k,divx3.11,h+ 2*, but still the same problem. Tried both starting two of DIVXPLUS and the graphedit thing, but no result. Somebody no what could be wrong?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-08-07 13:58:59, Zabytek wrote:
    I've a 9917 Rev "B" chipset and still have the
    same problem some of You are experiencing.

The pause and play solution works sometime but very seldom,
    often does the screen is blank, with white/colored lines or
    the output is divided as some of You pointed out.

Also tried the tip from legman with graphedit but then I
    got only sound and no output on my TV.

I work with W98. Had the Divx 4 Beta and installed the
    3.11a over it. Maybe there's some trace of Divx 4 left.
    If so, what should I remove to get rid of it?

// LiROj
    Quote Quote  
  26. at last some news of the divx plus

I got hold of the divx plus and tried it out didnt know about the 3.11 codec needing to be installed . but when i un installed it i found out that the files that suould have been copied into my sys folders for win2000 were in the wrong places . could that cuse any probs. i will now reinstall it and add the codec
    i must ask why that one
    the set up i have is

asus k7a mb 256/i33 ram
    ata 100 40gig hd
    asus gforce 2 gts pure vid card ( no tv out
    hollywood + with win2000 holly wood drivers
    SB 1024 sound card
    Windows 2000 OP running on ntfs format
    please let me go to the loo
    Quote Quote  
  27. i got a rev a card too
    I can't load the files either and when pressing the only 2 buttoms, play and pause, the applikation makes an illigal action

Max
    Quote Quote  
  28. hi there! got some bad and good news!
    first the bad ones.. tried thjis out on my duron machine in winme.. not much luck there.. got the picture if I opend 2 and poused the other one but then got the 1/3 showin picture in the left side (fucked up)

but!! in w2k on a dual celli ... I have no problems at all!!!!!!! picture is great and the sound (sb 16) is great to. (lagged as hell on played using the s3 virge graffic) .
    im using pal. and these are the driver in w2k:
    README.TXT For REALmagic Hollywood Plus drivers for Win 2000
    Release 2.0 (Build 129) ------ 8/25/00

I got the reboot notice after install if thats helps you out.. and got rev.b wich I dont think have anything to do with it..

bye! / h4xx0r Loffas
    Quote Quote  
  29. I user a Creative Labs Encore Dxr3 card (under winodws 2000 and white the Creative driver).
    And with the divxplus the output on my TV is upside down, black and white and quite small.
    If eny knows what I can do to make the output on my TV "OK" the reply or e-mail me, (plz!) R10_@ofir.dk

Quote Quote  
  30. right klick on the player (divxplus player) when its runnig and then chose Invert and Pal !
    that will solve your problem
    Quote Quote