VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all, wondered if anyone can recommend some programmes that have professional (and now modern) looking transitions like those used in the old Pinnacle Hollywood FX programme of old?

Im also looking for a transition for Pinnacle Studio 17 of either a paint brush/ paint roller wiping away into the next scene (free).
    Can anyone recommend any please?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make your own. It isn't all that difficult and you can do it with 100% free tools. This allows you to make your "original designed transitions" and not some cookie cutter transition...........

Have fun.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hollywood movies don't have fancy FX transitions. A fade maybe to show that the next scene is different from the last and maybe a new subject. Otherwise they just cut to the next scene. Fancy FX transitions get old if you repeat them over and over. I do it once in a while when creating vacation video slide shows but that is because each scene is completely different.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a simple example of an effect I made using 100% free tools for a CarShow production I made today............

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. With all respect I haven't time to make my own, and don't know how either, hence why Im looking for an already made one to just drop in. I didn't infer Hollywood movies have transitions, there was a package available called Hollywood FX. Nice effect Racer.
    Quote Quote